Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scotia Range

(Centre County)

Default Scotia Range

Hi Guys!

Spoke to someone earlier in the week saying some of you were discussing Scotia Range so I checked out some posts and wanted to help you out with some information.

Winter Hours for the range are 8 - 4:30 Monday - Friday, these hours usually last until mid April when things get busier and we are approved to hire part time help so we can be open more hours. Evening/Wknd hours run through the weekend before deer season. Hours of operation and closings are posted at lobby and each gate entrance at all times. Due to the budget problems the agency is currently experiencing 2008 hours are up in the air but I am assuming we will be approved to hire two part time range employees. One position is taken but if you are interested see me about the other position.

As far as the auxillary range is concerned it unfortunatley has a long history of abuse since it is outside the fence. I loaded the welder in the truck today and am prepping the replacement frames for welding, If I get a good dry day next week I hope to have the auxillary range target frames tacked on. It's frustrating to see those frames blown apart...

(Snyder County)

Default Re: Scotia Range

Thank you very much for the information.

Just curious, but what kind of background does someone need to be considered for the range employee positions?

I assume that the range is closed on the weekends after deer season, aka now, or is it still deer season since muzzleloading is in until saturday? In other words, what are the current weekend hours? Thanks

(Centre County)

Thank you for your continuous hard work at keeping that range in the best condition you can! It saddens me to see POS's beating up the Aux ranges and the target holder and trashing the place. All I can do is remind them of the rules and ask them to knock it off.

Is there someway to get ahold of the GC officers to report abuse of the Aux ranges during the offer hours you guys arnt there? Maybe a phone number or something? I feel comfortable approaching others and asking them to stop and explaining to them how they are ruining the experience and range for other but most times that does nothing (the penn state football players instance).

Thanks for the info and the hard work again.

Cheers,
    Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Snyder County)

Is it possible next time to get a license plate number and report it...could to police do anything if you filed a complaint?

(Centre County)

I meant rifle deer season as far as the weekends are concerned. If any one sees some one really abusing the range get as much info. as possible and call the North Central Regional Office at 570-398-4744. If they can't respond asap they'll run a 10-28 on the plates.

As far as background for the position you will need to be a responsible person, general maint. knowledge and some experience being around fire arms would be a help. You will need to keep build. and grounds clean and maintained (mowing, painting, general fixing up and will run firing linewhen busy, also alot of dealing with public - usually general rules and regs and range questions.

(Centre County)

Oh yeah, thanks for "policing" the range when nobody's around, thats a big help. It only takes one person to ruin it for everyone else.

Thanks for the information and thanks for putting in the time to fix up the aux range. I do most of my shooting at the aux range, and it really pisses me off to see people ripping them apart.

(Lehigh County)

where exactly is the range located???

(Centre County)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast