Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default mossad draw

the original concept was for assasinations. a semi 22 auto carried cross draw. when drawing the pistol is held sideways Like the "gansta" movie thing. As the pistol comes up the slide is racked and the pistol discharged while held sideways. It is not ment to be accurate and the shooting will be done at point blank range, nearly touching the intended target. the full mag is delivered. The firearm would then be disposed of a predetermined spot. The agents walk away and mingle with the crowd as they disperse. If stopped they are unarmed and "dumb as a rock".

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    I've heard of the "Israeli Draw" or "Mossad Draw" before, but I can't seem to find much information on it in searching the Internet, outside of a brief description. Do you know of a website which provides detailed information, diagrams/pics/etc. of this draw?

I carry with one in the chamber, and currently don't have plans to change. However, I'm always interested in researching different approaches to the same problem or task. If nothing else, it's an opportunity to learn something new.

Thanks!

(Erie County)

Default Re: What's the law on "One in the Chamber"?

I always carry 'with 1 in the chamber - condition 0'. It's ready to go when/if needed. My Sig, Glock and S&W 642 have no safety per se...mostly depend on the most important safety.

Finger = Safety!!!!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Martial Arts

Plain and simple most attackers don't attack from 21 feet away, period.

I've been in bars that aren't 21 feet long.

If you've ever actually been attacked you'll find out that it happens typically at less than the attackers height. They don't send you a telegraph, hey I'm coming over there to rob you. >1 second to pull your gun, you'll be getting the snot beat out of you. It a great tool when someone is bluffing or plain stupid, its not very effective when the dude waits until contact to throw a punch at the back of your head. I've never gotten hit but I know that even with my NINJA LIKE REFLEXES (I'm being sarcastic) that anyone could come up behind me and knock my ass out without me even having a clue. Sure situational awareness helps, but awareness in an elbows to elbows crowd isn't going to stop the blow. I've put guys in there place while they attempt to. There is no way in either of two situations I've been in that going for the gun is even remotely practical for me. Now I have been in long distance pestering positions and then its a fantastic tool to have, but I have yet to even need to use it.

You'll find that if your trained in the martial arts or handguns that in real life it goes down really fast, gun training is no different than training to block/evade a punch

I'm more than comfortable with my gun, but I know better than to put my hand/elbow in the unholstering position when having a fist coming for my face.

Might as well tie your hand behind your back.

I'll throw one more thing out there, shoot some guy that hits you in the face and wait for consequences. Enjoy your meeting with bubba, unarmed in the pen.
    Last edited by whoshisface; November 27th, 2006 at 04:35 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDevil View Post
    I agree with rwilson. You can come here and say youre a black belt in this and that and all this other good stuff. If you're that sure of yourself, don't even bother carrying a firearm.

Just remember, there's always someone better than you.
    Yes there is always someone better than you, the saying goes anyone can kick anyones ass on any given day.

For some reason you guys have taken it all exactly the wrong way dispite my post.

Hand to hand combat skills aren't better than a gun at distance. That is why I carry. I'm not trained in knives. I'm no ninja. However if you think that the guy standing next to you at the farmer market can't knock you on your ass before you pull your gun, well you must be a ninja. Please, train me how to do that.

*Cracks open a soda and puts some popcorn in the microwave*

Just gonna sit abck and watch the show
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    *Cracks open a soda and puts some popcorn in the microwave*

Just gonna sit abck and watch the show
    Got any more room on the couch? This is going to be a wild ride.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Montgomery County)

Why would anyone dispute what army rangers and marines already know.

There isn't one soldier here that hasn't learned that there are times when not use his firearm and go hand to hand.

It is not an attack on owning a gun or using a gun, I have one just for that purpose, or that X is better than Y.

It is just my personal training.
    Last edited by whoshisface; November 27th, 2006 at 04:33 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    There isn't one soldier here that hasn't learned that there are times when not use his firearm and go hand to hand.
    huh? I learned that you go hand to hand only after you ran out of ammo, the bayonet broke in somebody's body and your rifle is in pieces after clubbing to death as many as possible.

(Montgomery County)

Sorry, using the rifle as a blunt weapon / hand to hand, I wasn't clear.

Maybe you can shead some light here.

If the guy has a hand on your barrel do you keep shooting or do you kick his ass with the butt of the gun to the jaw?

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Martial Arts

Lastly, the 21 foot rule is to make the point that if someone is closer than that coming at you with a knife. they can get to you before you can draw and fire. Condition 0 or 1 or 2. it doesn't matter. My point is if you need a gun why put in a delay that isn't needed. You may need that other arm to fend off an attack while you do get it out. Yes most attacks start a "conversational distances".

I'm done with this.

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    Plain and simple most attackers don't attack from 21 feet away, period.

I've been in bars that aren't 21 feet long.

If you've ever actually been attacked you'll find out that it happens typically at less than the attackers height. They don't send you a telegraph, hey I'm coming over there to rob you. >1 second to pull your gun, you'll be getting the snot beat out of you. It a great tool when someone is bluffing or plain stupid, its not very effective when the dude waits until contact to throw a punch at the back of your head. I've never gotten hit but I know that even with my NINJA LIKE REFLEXES (I'm being sarcastic) that anyone could come up behind me and knock my ass out without me even having a clue. Sure situational awareness helps, but awareness in an elbows to elbows crowd isn't going to stop the blow. I've put guys in there place while they attempt to. There is no way in either of two situations I've been in that going for the gun is even remotely practical for me. Now I have been in long distance pestering positions and then its a fantastic tool to have, but I have yet to even need to use it.

You'll find that if your trained in the martial arts or handguns that in real life it goes down really fast, gun training is no different than training to block/evade a punch

I'm more than comfortable with my gun, but I know better than to put my hand/elbow in the unholstering position when having a fist coming for my face.

Might as well tie your hand behind your back.

I'll throw one more thing out there, shoot some guy that hits you in the face and wait for consequences. Enjoy your meeting with bubba, unarmed in the pen.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast