Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Exclamation Phone number for PA AG

Just a thought here, I had written the AG about some of the DELCO Sheriff's procedures concerning issuing a LTCF, like taking over 45 days, contacting employers and telling them why, sending out the misinformed pamphlet etc. Here is the response I got today (1-10-08)

Dear Mr. ******:

The Criminal Law Division of the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General is in receipt of your email of November 30, 2007. If you still desire to discuss your concerns regarding the Delaware County Sheriff's Office's procedures when issuing firearms licenses, you may contact us at (717) 783-9995 and speak to an attorney who may be able to offer some assistance to you.
    There ya have it, a direct number to the complaint department, Maybe this number can be posted in a prominent place on the forum for all to see and use when needed.
    Bill

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Phone number for PA AG

Thanks Bill!!
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Snyder County)

Good Job Bill!! Thanks for posting. I tried to give some love...but I must give you too much. (as if thats possible)

But do you have plans on calling them? I would hope that if you did, you would let us know what you talking about.

Thanks again!

The AG's office is very helpful. I spoke to thier legal department numerious times from when the PSP were not honoring non res Fl permits, and when I was trying to work out the legalities of the raffle thing.

FYI: in fact you can call their direct number 717-787-3391 and ask to speak with someone in the appropriate dept.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    Good Job Bill!! Thanks for posting. I tried to give some love...but I must give you too much. (as if thats possible)

But do you have plans on calling them? I would hope that if you did, you would let us know what you talking about.

Thanks again!
    I did call today, was transferred to a voice mailbox, George Spitzer I think the name was, I left a message as to why I called, the DELCO Sheriff's way of issuing the LTCF, and that I wanted to find out if his procedure is proper.

I'll let you know if/when I get called back.

Bill

(Luzerne County)

That is George Zeizer well my spelling may be wrong on the last name but should be close enough to pronounce it. He is a very helpful Attorney with regard to firearms law in PA.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by CCinPA View Post
    That is George Zeizer well my spelling may be wrong on the last name but should be close enough to pronounce it. He is a very helpful Attorney with regard to firearms law in PA.
    George Zeizer is the correct name, thanks.

I spoke with George today, 1-14-08, and was basically told that the AG can do nothing if the various Sheriffs in PA don't interpret the statutes correctly, The AG's office is only jurisdictionally responsible for reciprocity agreements. In the end, he said, it's the voters who have the final say, since the Sheriff is an elected position.

As for my specific questions the statute does say 45 days, NOT business or working days as is the Delco Sheriff's Office states.

George's response to the employers being called was it's not in the statute, but there's no law against it either. George didn't understand why the Sheriff would do that.

George has heard a lot about the Delaware County Sheriff's mis-interpretations of the law though. Unfortunately, the AG has no jurisdiction in the matter.

Oh well,

Bill

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    George Zeizer is the correct name, thanks.

I spoke with George today, 1-14-08, and was basically told that the AG can do nothing if the various Sheriffs in PA don't interpret the statutes correctly, The AG's office is only jurisdictionally responsible for reciprocity agreements. In the end, he said, it's the voters who have the final say, since the Sheriff is an elected position.

As for my specific questions the statute does say 45 days, NOT business or working days as is the Delco Sheriff's Office states.

George's response to the employers being called was it's not in the statute, but there's no law against it either. George didn't understand why the Sheriff would do that.

George has heard a lot about the Delaware County Sheriff's mis-interpretations of the law though. Unfortunately, the AG has no jurisdiction in the matter.

Oh well,

Bill

SoberByker,

I wish the AG could have been of help in getting that shitty Delco Sheriff on the stick but I can understand if he has no jurisdiction in the matter but good job to you for trying what you can to get things fixed. Good effort!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Franklin County)

I don't think there's anything you can do about the Sheriff contacting your employer, but perhaps it's time for every applicant that has to wait over 45 days to file a Personal Criminal Complaint against the Sheriff for Official Oppression:

Official oppression - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 5301

CHAPTER 53
    ABUSE OF OFFICE

Sec.
    5301. Official oppression.
    5302. Speculating or wagering on official action or
    information.
    5303. Liability for reimbursement of costs for outside
    counsel.

Enactment. Chapter 53 was added December 6, 1972, P.L.1482,
    No.334, effective in six months.
    Cross References. Chapter 53 is referred to in section
    5508.3 of Title 53 (Municipalities Generally); section 6017 of
    Title 64 (Public Authorities and Quasi-Public Corporations).
    § 5301. Official oppression.
    A person acting or purporting to act in an official capacity
    or taking advantage of such actual or purported capacity commits
    a misdemeanor of the second degree if, knowing that his conduct
    is illegal, he
    :
    (1) subjects another to arrest, detention, search,
    seizure, mistreatment, dispossession, assessment, lien or
    other infringement of personal or property rights; or
    (2) denies or impedes another in the exercise or
    enjoyment of any right, privilege, power or immunity.
    Doesn't matter if the license is considered a 'privilege' or a 'right', the law is being ignored, and your ability to legal carry under the terms of the license is being impeded by it not being issued in the time required by law.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Call and ask who might make the sheriff uphold the law? Maybe its time all the members sign a petition to have these guys removed!
    -Remember the Constitution-