Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default NY Population dropping like a rock

Check this article out...

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...WS90/110809920

Millions of New Yorkers leaving for other states, report finds

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Taxed-out New Yorkers are voting with their feet, with a staggering 1.6 million residents fleeing the state over the last decade, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

For the second consecutive decade, New York led the nation in the percentage of residents leaving for other states, according to the report by the Empire Center for State Policy.

The population loss is "the ultimate barometer of New York's attractiveness as a place to work, live and do business," the report's co-author, E.J. McMahon, said. "It's the ultimate indication that we've been doing things wrong."

Most analysts blamed New York's high taxes and skyrocketing cost of living for the mass exodus.

The Tax Foundation ranked New York highest in the nation in the combined state and local tax burden in 2008. And as small-business lobbyist Mike Durant noted, New York has also "consistently ranked worst or in the top three worst in business climate. You can't suck every penny out of people and expect them to remain in New York."

Since 1960, New York has lost 7.3 million residents to other states -- a net loss of 2.5 million people after adding in an influx of 4.8 million new immigrants, the study found.

Overall, the state's population grew by 2 percent between 2000 and 2010, but that rate that fell far behind states with lower taxes, growing economies and warmer climates like Nevada, Florida and Arizona, the three fastest-growing states.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/n...SZQcppjnOSP4vI
    Yeah, I think that sums up our population explosion pretty well... thanks NY for being such a shitty place to live that you splashed out of the bowl and into our area.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: NY Population dropping like a rock

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Check this article out...

Yeah, I think that sums up our population explosion pretty well... thanks NY for being such a shitty place to live that you splashed out of the bowl and into our area.
    Actually, it's an expensive place to live because so many want to live there. That's why you (and Philly) a're getting the overflow.

my ex's broinlaw owns a bar on 115/940 every time i see him he goes off on how the new yorkers are f-ing up the neighborhood. one word of advice (he tells me), stay out of mt pocono.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: NY Population dropping like a rock

I wouldn't have walked across the street, to piss on Chuckles, Weiner, or Hitlery ROAD-HAM (when she was their carpetbagging senator) if they'd been on fire - why the Hell would I WANT to stick around as they... 'represented'... me, and have 'em do the exact OPPOSITE of what I want done as a citizen?!?!

Time to sell New Amsterdam back to the Dutch... or the Indians... one of the two!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    Actually, it's an expensive place to live because so many want to live there. That's why you (and Philly) a're getting the overflow.
    it's not expensive because so many people want to live there, it's expensive because the crooked governments there see dollar signs because people want to live there.