Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default CANCELLED - Utah permit class in Moosic, Pa. on 8/13/11

The Utah permit class in Moosic, Pa. is now cancelled.

I must say, I'm a bit unhappy by the lack of follow through in this class. A good number of people indicated that they were interested in this class, so we put this together and up to this point, we had a grand total of 3 students who registered and paid for the class. Messages were sent to everyone who indicated that they were interested and this post was updated, yet very few people responded or even replied to the private messages. I would like to say thank you to the people who did register and to those few people that either replied to the private messages or called. For those that registered and paid, refunds will be issued shortly.

Fortunately, we were able to cancel our hotel reservations, but we are taking a significant loss on the airfare. We are a full time firearms training company and as the owner, I do not like taking a loss on an endeavor. The goal of a business is certainly not to lose money. When folks expressed interest, I made a determined effort to put this class together in a short time. This is actually the first traveling course that we've ever had to cancel due to lack of interest. I wish that things were different, but it is what it is. If you want good training to come to your area, you have to support that training.

I'll get off my soapbox now, but I felt that needed to be said. If anyone wants to get a group together for this class in the future and they are committed to attending, please feel free to contact me and we'll see about scheduling a class.

Jim Reynolds

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: CANCELLED - Utah permit class in Moosic, Pa. on 8/13/11

I'm not happy with this nonsense you people start bitching that their isn't any trainig in NEPA and when someone is willing to come to you and put time and money into it he's left taking a loss on a very affordable class.

Do you think flaking out on this guy is going to entice others to come to our area to offer training?

At the very least the people who were all about it should apologize and really you should offer the 80 bucks for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    The Utah permit class in Moosic, Pa. is now cancelled.

I must say, I'm a bit unhappy by the lack of follow through in this class. A good number of people indicated that they were interested in this class, so we put this together and up to this point, we had a grand total of 3 students who registered and paid for the class. Messages were sent to everyone who indicated that they were interested and this post was updated, yet very few people responded or even replied to the private messages. I would like to say thank you to the people who did register and to those few people that either replied to the private messages or called. For those that registered and paid, refunds will be issued shortly.

Fortunately, we were able to cancel our hotel reservations, but we are taking a significant loss on the airfare. We are a full time firearms training company and as the owner, I do not like taking a loss on an endeavor. The goal of a business is certainly not to lose money. When folks expressed interest, I made a determined effort to put this class together in a short time. This is actually the first traveling course that we've ever had to cancel due to lack of interest. I wish that things were different, but it is what it is. If you want good training to come to your area, you have to support that training.

I'll get off my soapbox now, but I felt that needed to be said. If anyone wants to get a group together for this class in the future and they are committed to attending, please feel free to contact me and we'll see about scheduling a class.

Jim Reynolds
    why would you, as a company make all those arrangements without the proper amount of paid subscribers' to the class?

the first order of business is money talks, bullshit walks.

showing interest and actually being interested are not one and the same and not knowing the difference through proof positive means, such as cash, seems very imprudent on your part.

my take is you have no one to blame but yourselves.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

Quote Originally Posted by ruggerio View Post
    why would you, as a company make all those arrangements without the proper amount of paid subscribers' to the class?
    Because you can't sell "the class" if you don't have a location, and transportation to that location.

Should we tell people "Send me $85 and I promise we'll hold a class somewhere, at some time in the future?" People want to know where the class will be held, when it will be held, etc. Can't tell them any of that until you book a flight, sign a contract for a classroom, etc.