Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Food for thought

An anti gunner gets his reward:

http://reason.com/news/show/124272.html

That Snowflakes in Hell is a good site: it keeps you blood boiling about the anti's.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Food for thought

I couldnt help but contact them and ask:

On your “NBA, NFL Go Anti-Gun”

Unfortunately, officials in the NFL and the NBA increasingly take a paternalistic attitude toward their athletes. For years, the NFL and the NBA have attempted to distance players from firearms. Some would argue these policies are aimed at a culture that celebrates the criminal use of violent weapons, but the effect is pretty clear: The leagues would rather their players put themselves at risk than protect themselves with guns.

I highlight “criminal use of violent weapons”; what do they call a machete if it’s not a violent weapon?

Confused,
    Bill Boggs

(Montgomery County)

Cool Re: Food for thought

Its all I can do to keep my shotguns and rifles from becoming violent. If they weren't secured they'd be running all over the place beating people up and shooting them. I totally understood what happened to Cheney's hunting partner since my shotgun is forever trying to shoot itself at my hunting party as opposed to the birds. And my handgun...its constantly wriggling in the holster, trying to get out and be all violent on the people around me. Who knew that owning firearms would be a constant struggle to control these violent weapons.

This message brought to you by sarcasm, wit, and the idiots that came up with the appellation "violent weapons".

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0
    When are people going to learn that safety is not a "feeling"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wboggs View Post
    An anti gunner gets his reward:

http://reason.com/news/show/124272.html

That Snowflakes in Hell is a good site: it keeps you blood boiling about the anti's.
    Thanks! Hopefully we'll get back to PA matters soon and away from the family feud in Georgia right now. We have castle doctrine to look forward to this year, which is guaranteed to make the anti-gun folks and media in this state go nuts. Hopefully we'll be able to get a committee vote this year without the Black Legislative Caucus threatening a walkout.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Thanks! Hopefully we'll get back to PA matters soon and away from the family feud in Georgia right now. We have castle doctrine to look forward to this year, which is guaranteed to make the anti-gun folks and media in this state go nuts. Hopefully we'll be able to get a committee vote this year without the Black Legislative Caucus threatening a walkout.
    Why dont we let them walk out and them vote on it? Isn't that the democratic process; seems to me they allow someone to be president even if I dont vote.

The question it raised with me is; it should be obvious that anyone against this has a plat to or regularly breaks into peoples homes and doesn't want them armed and it they are, the survivors should get a second bite at the apple by suing the victims of the break in. Why else would anybody object?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wboggs View Post
    Why dont we let them walk out and them vote on it? Isn't that the democratic process; seems to me they allow someone to be president even if I dont vote.
    In a Republican controlled General Assembly, that's what would happen. They'd walk out, and business would continue. In a Democrat controlled General Assembly, the Democrats need the caucus members to vote on other parts of the Democratic agenda. What the caucus members are doing by threatening to walk out is say "Push this bill on us, and we'll make sure you can't get anything else done." It also nicely feeds into the Republican accusations that the Democrats can't keep the house in order. It's basically raising the cost to the Democrats for considering a pro-gun bill with this kind of brinkmanship tactics.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    In a Republican controlled General Assembly, that's what would happen. They'd walk out, and business would continue. In a Democrat controlled General Assembly, the Democrats need the caucus members to vote on other parts of the Democratic agenda. What the caucus members are doing by threatening to walk out is say "Push this bill on us, and we'll make sure you can't get anything else done." It also nicely feeds into the Republican accusations that the Democrats can't keep the house in order. It's basically raising the cost to the Democrats for considering a pro-gun bill with this kind of brinkmanship tactics.
    By, by democracy, hello police state.

(Chester County)

I thought Sean Taylor had previous problems with the law and might have been unable to legally own a firearm.
    Μολὼν λάβε