Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Lots of used AR15s for sale these days

I count 13 AR platform rifles or lowers for sale on the 1st page of the PAFOA classifieds.

Too bad I have to piece together a new one since I can't find one close to what I am looking for.

ETA doh, maybe thats because I was searching for "lower", oh well, still lots for sale but no lightweights!
    Last edited by MartinBrody; July 31st, 2011 at 04:16 PM.

Default Re: Lots of used AR15s for sale these days

I have an AR listed for sale. I see DI as obsolete, and while piston-ARs are a step forward, I have opted for other platforms that offer greater reliability and accuracy.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: Lots of used AR15s for sale these days

The Obama Effect. Lots of people - MANY first time buyers - bought a LOT of stuff, and not a lot of it was lower-tier stuff. Now it's really cheap, but if Der Kommissar gets re-elected, it will ALL disappear in short order, and at higher prices than in 2008-09!

im selling one but not for any of the above reasons.

i came across a deal on an additional ar that was to good to pass up that camr with a boatload of ammo, mags, case, and a nice sling. i dont need or want two of basically the same rifle.

i lso have other platforms and like the mix. im probs going to start looking at older rifles from 60's on back now. m1a1, garand,springfields from ww-1.

i tend to collect for shooting pleasure so im into a bit of variety.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

are mini-14 pretty good? I have a chance to get one from $400-$500. Most ar15 on the classifieds are a bit too pricey for me as I am hoping to spend under $600 used.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: Lots of used AR15s for sale these days

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    are mini-14 pretty good?
    "Good?" Meh...

BETTER than an AR? No.

Buy a good Colt or BCM (you can get both for just under a thousand new - maybe around $900 used - and you'll be GTG.

(Delaware County)

are mini-14 pretty good? I have a chance to get one from $400-$500. Most ar15 on the classifieds are a bit too pricey for me as I am hoping to spend under $600 used.
    I had one for a while, and didn't like it at all. They're reliable, but just not fun shooters imo. There was just an AR on the classifieds for 500 I think, in fact I think the M&P sport model is 600 new.
    You can also usually pick up an AK with some mags and ammo for $600, which I think you'll like more than a mini.
    If not a used AK, look at the KelTec (sub2000?) in .223, that's supposed to be a fun one, though I've never shot one myself.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    … look at the KelTec (sub2000?) in .223…
    Quick correction:
    The Kel-Tec SU-16 series is the folding .223/5.56×45 mm NATO rifle. [A, B, C, CA, & D variants.] The Kel-Tec SUB-2000 is the folding pistol-caliber carbine that comes in 9×19 mm Parabellum and .40 S&W.

(Allegheny County)

I have a Mini and two AR's. Different shooters but same caliber and the Mini will out shoot the AR's all day if you get the trigger time, IMO...

(Beaver County)

Not to get TOO side tracked:

I had a mini-14 tactical. It was great. Reliable, very accurate out to 100 (didn't shoot past that). I also had an AR-15 at the same time. It too was reliable and accurate. The short coming on the Mini IMO is the magazine situation. I'm not paying 30+ for a reliable magazine when the AR-15 has Magpuls for half that with a larger capacity.

Getting back on track:
    I sold my AR to raise money for a Sig556 with full intent to build an AR down the road. Money is the only thing holding me back. There are a ton of ARs for sale not b/c people don't want them, but b/c they can't keep them or want to get a better AR style platform. Some folks may suffer from the Obama scare while I believe others have just hit a financial rough patch.

Some of us can't afford to keep them all. I wish we could.