Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Holsters

(York County)

Default Holsters

This may be a bit out there for this list, but I just have to rant a bit.

I have a Stoeger 8045F. I absolutely love it. As you know, it's a carbon copy of the Beretta Cougar 8045. Whoa, not so fast. Stoeger was smart enough to add an accessory rail to this pistol, something that Beretta didn't do.

Now we come to holsters. There are many holsters that will fit the Beretta 8045. But, when you add a light or a laser to the Stoeger, the number of available holsters seems to go to ZERO.

I just can't find a suitable holster for my Stoeger with laser attached.

No, I don't want a pouch. I want a real holster with room for an accessory.

Enough ranting, I'll keep looking.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Holsters

How about a diy crossbreed-type holster kit. I know a bunch of guys who have done that and are very happy with the results. I am sure with a little motivation, you could figure out a way to do an OWB one too.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Lehigh County)

Winthrop holsters will make one for you. Mine is great.

You can get a custom holster made. Start contacting some companies. Its will more than likely cost a good chunk of money and you'll have to wait but it is what it is.

Tantric Shooting Team

(York County)

If you can find a shop nearby that stocks a nice selection of holsters, I have heard that holsters made for the Sig 226/229 are a pretty good fit. Obviously you would want to verify this to your own satisfaction first.

The Sigs also have rails. Good luck.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Northumberland County)

i've posted before on a DIY holster kit i purchased. give me a few minutes and ill take some pictures of the two i made. im in the same boat, i have 92 series beretta that is a G model with a larger slide which means no holsters

(Northumberland County)

i've used these two so far. they are 32.50 shipped and are worth every penny. ( http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/?cat=5 ) You do however need to make jig/press for molding the kydex or figure out some way to mold it to your gun. its really not that hard. all you need tool wise is a drill, sandpaper, and some sort of tin snips that are able to cut cold kydex. once the jig/press is made its really not that hard. the website has a step-by-step process and video on how to assemble the holster. its worth it if you have multiple guns and want a lower cost holster without the brand name. this does the job at half the cost. If you are a DIYer this is def a route to go. here is the link to the tutorial, ( http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/?cat=68 ) good luck. if you travel anywhere near where i live i will gladly help you make one, i have a home-made press that works great. Good Luck in the holster search. (BTW i am not affiliated with the holster site i just love the product and how easy it is to make, and its cheap too!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by B92G; July 31st, 2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: adding

I have several holsters made by Rudy Luzano at Black Hills Leather in Laredo, Texas. They're fantastic. Once they're broken in the fit the gun like a glove. I have once for an HK45 Compact with an X300 attached. Its a BHMR pattern inside the waistband holster. (pics to follow) They're not cheap, but once you get your hands on it, you'll know where the extra scratch went.
    http://www.bhlstore.com
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.