Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Khar PM9 mag question

Yesterday I picked up a Khar Pm9 with laser and 5 mags. 3 are 6 rounds and 2 are 7 rounds. This morning I am thinkering with it and trying to get accustomed to it before taking it to the range. I tried the mags fitting and I was surprised to see that only one of the mags ejects without any help other then pushing the release buttom. The others just hang in there ejecting only about 1" from the grip. Is this normal in the Khar's pistol? or do I have one with a problem. I would hate to have to deal with this in a real situation. Anybody has any experience with this issue? Thanks
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Khar PM9 mag question

I have an MK9 which I believe uses the same mags as the PM9.

I have about 7 or 8 six rounder's and 2 or 3 seven rounder's, and they all drop freely and quickly from the pistol. I am almost certain that the PM9 mags should drop freely as well.

Give Kahr a call if cleaning the mag well and mags doesn't help.

Good luck.

Rob

(York County)

Default Re: Khar PM9 mag question

It seem's to be more the norm to not drop in the poly kahrs.??? Lots of guys complain about it on Kahrtalk and other forums.

I have a CW9 that did drop free from new.

I recently bought a CM9(same frame as your PM9) and it did not drop free.

It is an easy fix though, I just carefully sanded/polished the inside of the mag well till all my mags dropped free. I also polished up my 6rd carry mag as it will be the one dropping in a real life stress reload. It flys out of there now.