Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Columbia County)

Default Traveling through Maryland on a motorcycle - Question on gun transportation

I'll be riding down to North Carolina on Monday and will be riding through Maryland on the way. I don't have tail or tank bags, so I'll only have a backpack on. Here's what I found concerning transporting firearms through MD:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf
    Q. Can I legally transport firearms interstate? (From the MD State Police)
    A. Yes, under Title 18, Section 926A, of the United States Code, a person who is not prohibited from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment. In the case the vehicle does not have a
    compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked compartment other than the glove compartment or console.
    I will have a soft case that I can lock with a small padlock through the zippers. I will unload my gun and keep the ammo in a separate compartment within the backpack from the one that will house the soft case containing the gun. Do you think this will be sufficient? If need be, I barely have enough room to fit the gun in the tail where the toolkit goes as long as I take that out and put it in my backpack. Do you guys think this will be necessary?

Thanks.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Traveling through Maryland on a motorcycle - Question on gun transportation

Here's a recent similar thread:

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/142...ml#post1669465