Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: King of Prussia Gun Show - Valley Forge Gun Shows

This is one of the shows i skip. The promoter apparently is happy with the dealers he has already and doesnt want any new vendors. Earlier this year i called up about getting a table there for sat & sunday but was told on the phone that they ONLY want dealers that can commit to FRIDAY saturday and sunday. Well i am not taking off my job for a friday show and tell. Plus this has become one of the rare few shows i would go to and walk out empty handed.
    No Peace In Our Time.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBlue View Post
    Their website clearly says the shows will continue in "our new venue" for December and that Sept. is the last one at VFCC.

Nothing is ending, it is just moving.
    Reef Blue- THANKS for clearing up the confusion. Our team is looking at many buildings in the Philadelphia area. Check our website for updated information.If you know of a building with 50,000 square feet and PLENTY of parking PLEASE send me a private pm.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop25 View Post
    Reef Blue- THANKS for clearing up the confusion. Our team is looking at many buildings in the Philadelphia area. Check our website for updated information.If you know of a building with 50,000 square feet and PLENTY of parking PLEASE send me a private pm.
    So what you are saying is that you DON'T have a new location yet... but that you HOPE to continue in a new location in December.

I'd suggest the Oaks Convention Center... except that Eagle Arms already jumped on that and made a show that is what Valley Forge COULD HAVE BEEN.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEMTP View Post
    So what you are saying is that you DON'T have a new location yet... but that you HOPE to continue in a new location in December.

I'd suggest the Oaks Convention Center... except that Eagle Arms already jumped on that and made a show that is what Valley Forge COULD HAVE BEEN.
    Ouch. Hmm. Looks like I use a few tokens up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    Could somebody please explain to me the insane concept of my having to pay $10 to shop?

While on that subject please tell me why you pay $8 to park at the Harrisburg show which is in the middle of nowhere?
    Last edited by reloaderguy; August 24th, 2011 at 10:25 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Parking at Valley Forge is FREE......

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    So true Noah. If it were otherwise I'd have shot the stun gun zappers and cell phone jammer people long ago. I guess the best I can do is bitch, moan and complain to the show promoters.

All kidding aside; Noah has a point. At every show, even the good ones, there is some stuff that just doesn't belong. If the show is otherwise worthwhile; just ignore the few tables of junk and move on. If however the show is 50%+ flea market garbage, then just skip the whole damn thing and save your time and money for a good show.
    Firstly, it was my understanding that cellphone jammers were (and are) banned by the FCC. Thus, why they'd be openly sold at a gun show is beyond me, although it sort of fits with my next bit;

Second, to a DEGREE, I don't have a problem with jerky vendors (and other food vendors) -- In the case of those selling completed food, it's nominally appropriate, and in the same way that all the non-firearm milsurps are appropriate. Namely, in that they cater to the TEOTWAKI crowd, who go to gun shows not just to get arms and ammo, but to get other survival-oriented gear. As for those selling equipment to make jerky, this is nominally also appropriate, because they cater to hunters (and again to the TEOTWAKI crowd).

Third, to a limited extend, other perephrial non-firearm dealers (jewelry, knives, etc) are acceptable, so long as what they're selling isn't complete junk -- the case of jewelry should be obvious to most of the men here, and the knives as well.

When it comes to the junk and other toys though, these have no place at a gun show.

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop25 View Post
    Parking at Valley Forge is FREE......
    But will it still be free at this nebulous "new venue?"

Thumbs down Re: King of Prussia Gun Show - Valley Forge Gun Shows

i have a fairly decent group of guys that all go togehter (20 or so). however with the "new venue" to come and this one not being in the usual spots, i dont know if its even worth making the weekend out of it like usual.

Talked with Tony from TNT at the Oaks show yesterday. He heard the new venue would either be Allentown or Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by reloaderguy View Post
    Talked with Tony from TNT at the Oaks show yesterday. He heard the new venue would either be Allentown or Reading.
    actually wouldnt be too bad considering the location. there was a show that was competing with the rodeway show. that was a good big venue

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast