Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Picked up the Armscor M206 .38 Special

Ordered it via Tanner's, and picked it up yesterday. It's a Colt Detective Special copy. Cylinder lockup is tight, trigger's nice. Finish so-so, but I didn't buy it to be a museum piece. I'll probably shoot it today or tomorrow. It's one of those, "Let's see how good (or bad it is) for the money" guns. ($224 new).

"I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Picked up the Armscor M206 .38 Special

Looks a lot like them old "RG" models they sold 20-30 years ago. Let us know how she shoots.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Picked up the Armscor M206 .38 Special

Quote Originally Posted by D10-8x4 View Post
    Looks a lot like them old "RG" models they sold 20-30 years ago. Let us know how she shoots.
    It shoots well. I put 100 rounds of American Eagle .38 spc through it (not +p rated as best I can tell, and I'm not planning to try them), and at 7 yards, I was able to do very well with it. I tend not to shoot snub-nose revolvers very well (wrestling with .357 magnum rounds in my Ruger SP101 was not much fun), but at close range, this is an easy gun to be accurate with. Though I don't intend to carry it, I'd certainly do so before I'd carry a sa pocket .380. It's made well, trigger's great in single action, and not bad in double action. No issues ejecting the brass, no issues of any kind.

I'm very pleased with it. It's absolutely a good buy (prices seem to range from about $189 to $229) though as I may have mentioned in a previous post, the finish isn't anything to write home about. I'd read some user reviews, stating they scratch very easily, and that some had received the gun with scratches. In my case, there are no defects in the finish, but it looks pretty much like a black primered car. If that doesn't bother you, I think you/anyone would be happy with the gun.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith