Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Spotted a CCer in Kinsley's, Brodheadsville

He was printing pretty badly and the lower 2" of the holster was visible when his shirt rode up. I approached him and told him I had the same holster for a snubby. He said he knows he is printing but it's because of the weight he has gained. I joked that is from inflation. We talked a bit while we ordered at the deli counter. He has carried 20+ years in Monroe and carried before that in NYC on a "range permit." Apparently illegal but common. Told him about the PAFOA site and that he can use the computers in the library to keep up with all the gun news.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Spotted a CCer in Kinsley's, Brodheadsville

It wasn't me, Bill but I do shop there on Wednesdays.

(Monroe County)

Can't wait for the new store so I can start shopping there. Chris Kinsley and family are awesome people but I can't stand how crowded the place is now.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Can't wait for the new store so I can start shopping there. Chris Kinsley and family are awesome people but I can't stand how crowded the place is now.
    hahaha!

and on Wednesday with old folks day it is just crazy to try and move through and do the grocery shopping.

(Monroe County)

Sr day is Tuesday at Z's and one only needs to be 50 to get the 5% plus they have gas credits for each $50.00 you spend.
    Sorry if it offends anybody but for some reason Kinsleys also have more of the ruder Nyers and Jersyites then Z's. Z's gets the polite ones. LOL

(Monroe County)

I am not a coupon clipper but I now save $100 + a month shopping primarily at Shop-Rite and their meat department is much better.

No doubt the store size, lighting and wide-open space is nicer at Weis but I have come to favor the wallet over aesthetics.

(Monroe County)

Go to Windgap, Giant is much cheaper, we save at least 10 - 20% for equal trips by going there, and you can just go 33south to 248 to hit up sams and buy in bulk, save even more $$$ that way

I love how they approved Kinsleys to put their new mega store in there but wouldn't allow Walmart to do the same thing...
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Go to Windgap, Giant is much cheaper, we save at least 10 - 20% for equal trips by going there, and you can just go 33south to 248 to hit up sams and buy in bulk, save even more $$$ that way

I love how they approved Kinsleys to put their new mega store in there but wouldn't allow Walmart to do the same thing...
    The WM was attempting to go into Polk. It was mostly sewer and water from what I was told that stopped WM.
    Chris Kinsley was very patient with PennDot and the DEP on getting road permits and sewage permits. His plans sailed right through on the township level but couldn't get final approval until all the PennDot and Dep stuff was approved. Somebody on Weir Lake Rd also gave him a hard time on selling him a right of way too.

Didn't see any OCers today but saw a smoke'in girl riding a V-Rod in the parking lot.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    The WM was attempting to go into Polk. It was mostly sewer and water from what I was told that stopped WM.
    Chris Kinsley was very patient with PennDot and the DEP on getting road permits and sewage permits. His plans sailed right through on the township level but couldn't get final approval until all the PennDot and Dep stuff was approved. Somebody on Weir Lake Rd also gave him a hard time on selling him a right of way too.

Didn't see any OCers today but saw a smoke'in girl riding a V-Rod in the parking lot.
    yeah from what I heard when Walmart came in with their proposal and the township supervisors gave them a ton of shit and basically pulled the ol "You want a store here, you'll do exactly what we want".

demanded stuff like make Weir Lake a 3 lane road (with turn lane), widden the intersection at Weir Lake and 115 and add a stop light, build sewer facility big enough to handle all the surrounding areas, water treatment plant...

basically they demanded the moon, walmart told em to shove their heads up their moon.

Apparently the Kinselys store isn't getting the same response
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Nothing to do with the townships. PennDot and DEP. Polk and Chestnuthill worked hard to try and secure a department store.