Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which Glock is the most trouble free? Tested.

Which Glock is the most trouble free? tested. Is it the G17 or G19 is it the G22 or G23 its it the G21 or G30.....

My Vote is the for the 9mms G17 and G19 I believe that they are the most tested guns in the world. Whats your vote?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Which Glock is the most trouble free? Tested.

I agree, but I'd add that I don't think the other Glocks are any less trouble free. It's just that they don't have the numbers or weren't adopted by LE Agencies. IMO, a Glock is a Glock, and as long as people don't go messing with them, any one of them will be reliable, and outlast the owner.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Which Glock is the most trouble free? tested. Is it the G17 or G19 is it the G22 or G23 its it the G21 or G30.....

My Vote is the for the 9mms G17 and G19 I believe that they are the most tested guns in the world. Whats your vote?
    Toss-up, the guns in question all have been around the block a few times. The Generation 4s, which are now available in 17,19,22,23, will be tested in time and usage. I would venture to say that the Gen 4s will be as reliable and durable as the others.

On a side note, and I have posted this before, if I were starting a new company, there is no one I would like better to market by products than the glock merchandisers. There has not been an upstart gun company that rose to such prominance in such a short amount of time than Glock. It is truly an icon that has established itself in less than 15 years as a household name. A person may not know anything about guns, but they will recognize the glock name. After saying all that, I don't own one, but plan to change that in the near future. Another victim of justified hype.

(Allegheny County)

Normally the 9mm Glocks are 100% from the box. Gen3 that is, and hopefully Gen4 as well once all the minor issues get sorted out and they're done messing around with extractors, springs, etc.

(Philadelphia County)

The most trouble free is the one that says "Glock" on the side.

Personally I'd avoid the latest gen ones (Gen4) until they have been around for a few years. But I apply that philosophy of not buying first gen products to everything.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Monroe County)

Personally i do not carry a weapon for my personal self defense that has not been on the Market for 5 years or more, having said that that i own 3 Glocks a 17, a 32 and a 26 and i have never had a single failure out of any of them.

I second what you said that the 9mm Glocks tends to be the most trouble free Glocks.

I would venture a guess that, worldwide, the G17 is probably the most tested Glock. It also happens to be one of LAV's favorite handguns, so there ya' go.

I have a G23, (which I convert to 9mm sometimes with a LW 9mm barrel), & a G21. Both are Gen 3 & I haven't had a problem with either of them.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Allegheny County)

The Gen 3 G17 is supposedly "the gun". Next is the Gen 3 G19.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Bucks County)

AFAIK, the first Glock pistol was originally designed and tested in the 9mm caliber. All other calibers came afterward and are based off the 9mm model.

(Allegheny County)

Glock 17

10 characters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast