Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default A mistake I hope to avoid again...

In starting my new job as an AV tech, I had to restrict my immediate cc options to either ankle or pocket. I was comfortably carrying a kahr p9 in the front pants pocket in a mikes #3 pocket holster, until today, that is. Some of my work requires that I use a 40' lift to install equipment. Been in and out of the lift maybe 12 times in the last few days with no issue. It seems that today the new pocket holster no longer is able to retain the kahr and it slipped out with a loud clunk onto the lift. My coworker saw it, did not have any issues with it, but I am now uncomfortable carrying in the front pocket again.

Is a different gun in order (ie smaller) so that it does not come out? The Kahr is about as big of a gun one could carry concealed in the front pants pocket.

Or should I choose a different carry method?

I don't want to go to deep concealed carry, but perhaps so.

Otherwise, I carry on the belt open and concealed, depending on what I'm doing, where I'm at, and what company I'm in.
    in dei gloriam

"Skill in squeezing the trigger is the best life insurance you can get." - WWII Marksman Instructor

(Delaware County)

Default Re: A mistake I hope to avoid again...

How about cargo pants? How about concealed in your tool kit, in the megger case?

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

(Dauphin County)

I had considered cargo pants, but I work in-house and have to wear dockers or something similar with a tucked in shirt. Occasionally a suit is necessary too.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
    in dei gloriam

"Skill in squeezing the trigger is the best life insurance you can get." - WWII Marksman Instructor

(Pike County)

A couple of suggestions you may try. Try a Kel-tec P3AT, much less weight than the Kahr. Desantis Nemisis pocket holster. I have never had either of these exit my pocket, or even shift. If your pants have shallow pockettes, replace them with a deeper pocket, easy sewing job. If this is not for you, try a North American Arms .22 mini revolver, in .22 mag, short barrel, not what I would choose to go to war, but much better than a sharp pencil.

(Allegheny County)

Rallen,

I also carry a Kahr P9 (Covert). I work construction and have been carrying it IWB with a t shirt cover. I take the t and hook it under the belt clip to keep it concealed.

I think I would notice it but I have had no comments about it by the 30 or so coworkers present.

When I do need a bit more concealment, I have 2 ankle holsters. A Desantis apache which is a generic small auto holster but very secure and comfortable for 10 hour days . I also have a Lou Alessi ankle rig which doesn't snug as well but is comfortable in Docker style pants.

I had my Kahr in a pocket holster (Kytac pockit lockit) and had it work out and fall on the floor at a friends house. Most of them know I carry but it was still embarrassing.

I love that holster and have had no other issues with it. The pants pocket was not as deep as i would like and I believe that was the problem.

Good luck,

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Philadelphia County)

Since you wear pretty much the same attire I wear to work may I suggest a IWB tuckable holster, I carry my Taurus PT145 in a High Noon Split Decision. I'm a computer tech for LabCorp and do a lot of lifting, crawling under desks and on ladders and haven't had a problem. No one has ever noticed either, except my boss who knows I carry and was looking for it.

http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_...waistband.html

(Snyder County)

I carry a Kel-tec P3AT in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster and I have no problems with it moving or falling out...no matter what I do.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    I carry a Kel-tec P3AT in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster and I have no problems with it moving or falling out...no matter what I do.
    same here, but it's a p32 and it works just fine in a pair of dress pants.
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

What about the Kahr PM9?

(Chester County)

If you like your kahr p9, you'll like a kahr pm9. I have over 1700 rounds though mine, no problems since initial break in. I have a desantis nemesis pocket holster for it, it works great. I never had it come close to falling out of my pocket. I also carry it in a comp-tac pro undercover IWB holster sometimes to, also works great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast