Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Talking Traded in My Glock 21 for a Ruger GP 100 !

The way it was I had 3 guns in 45 acp and none in 357 Mag or 38 Special.
    So I had to sacrifice one of my 45's. It was between my Sig 1911 Carry 45,
    Ruger P-345, and my Glock 21. Although I have polymer framed guns I am more fond of steel or alloy framed ones. Out of all my collection I had only a 44 magnum revolver {Super Blackhawk}, and I craved a beefy, 6 shot, 4 inch barrelled, stainless steel, carry weapon. When I got to the gun store it was between a S&W Model 64 in 38 +P or a Ruger GP 100 in 357 Mag.
    A no brainer I went with the GP 100 ! I always liked the 357's 98% one shot stop track record. I always had an affinity for nice wheelguns, there's just something about a good revolver. I like the way they look, feel, and draw.
    Im also an old west buff and carrying a revolver kind of takes you back.
    In the ammo dept, I already purchased a box of Remington Express {green & Yellow box} 38 Special +P 110 gr SJHP's, and a box of Gold Dot 357 Magnum 158 gr. GDHP. Next will be a box of 38 special +P 158 gr LSWCHP's, 130 gr FMJ's, 158 gr. LRN {for nostalgia sake}, 125 gr 357 SJHP's, 180 gr Winchester Premium with Swift A Frame bullet, 180 gr Hardcast Semi Wadcutters, and 158 gr. JSP 357 Mag. and whatever else strikes my fancy ! The only problem is now im contemplating trading in another gun to get a Ruger redhawk 45 colt with 4 inch BBl, or a S&W 41 Magnum 4 inch BBL. I hate when I get the fever, because when I have no money I go trading and selling guns and sometimes I have to sell two to get the one I want and I really hate to do that ! I don't want to get rid of anymore 45's and the others I have I need for tactical purposes because of their size. So I guess I'll just keep playing the lottery !!
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Traded in My Glock 21 for a Ruger GP 100 !

Nice! I really like the GP100. I had two, and will probably end up with one again at some point. I became afflicted with revolver fever for awhile, then later, traded what I had (except for my S&W 629), to fund other "flavors of the week". There's always a gun "in queue" for trade, it seems.

Congrats, and enjoy! That's a great gun.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

I use .357 revolvers for home defense. I look at them as 100% reliable. I know one of them will suffice until I get to my shotgun.

(Schuylkill County)

Nice choice, I've been thinking of getting one also 4" SS

(Tioga County)

Nice choice.

My GP 100 is my first and only revolver. I got it over 20 years ago. My wife loves shooting it.

MikeP

(Blair County)

I really want another Colt King Cobra 4". It was the first pistol I ever bought and sold it back in the 90s. In good condition they are going for $1200+ when available One of the only guns I ever sold that I shouldnt have. The carppy part of is it, I bought it new for $325, sold it 4 years later for $250....and now they are 1000$ over that.

(Lehigh County)

I bought a blued gp100 for my class to handgun qualify with. It was manufactured in 2006 and had wood panel grips didnt want to even get it but the course required use of a service revolver. Long story Short I added hogue grip and a in the pants holster and must admit I love this gun and shoot very well with it.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Philadelphia County)

The other night there was a giant rat running around the street.
    So happened to be I had my GP 100 holstered. I thought naa, what are my chances of that rat going to and staying at the edge of the sewer?
    Well my eyes did a double take and the rat sat there at the edge of the sewer after I had stlked him about 30 ft. I kneeled on one knee about 12 ft away from the rat, cocked the hammer, aimed, counted to three and pow, blewit away in the sewer with a 110 gr 38 +p loaded in my GP 100.
    By the time the gun went pow, the rat just vanished and went poof !
    This was accomplished shooting between a 3 to 4 inch space in the sewer to get at the rat ! Accurate SOB of a Gun !!
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !