Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Armscor

(Jefferson County)

Default Armscor

A few weeks ago I stopped in at a hardware store in one of the towns that my company services. They had an Armscor 1911-A2 hi-cap 45 in the display case for about $389 or so. As of yesterday, it was still in stock. ...now, I know they aren't a Kimber, Colt or Springfield. But overall, how well are they made?

I'm not to worried about finish, mostly metallurgy. Performance/reliability is moot too because I'll be gutting it and doing a retune.

I've always wanted a hi-cap 1911 that I could build up for a CCW/target piece. Most of what I see today are either tupperware, or big $$$ units - with me having a MD 20/20 budget, I cant afford the champagne(sp?) type 1911's.

My thoughts are to change it out to a 6" long slide/barrel. Then skeletonize the slide on a milling machine. Of course a complete refinish would be in order too.

Default Re: Armscor

Armscorps is basicaly the same as Rock Island Armory and Charles Daily, for a project gun it should be fine, check the forum at M1911.org for more indepth research.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Jefferson County)

I posted a question awhile back at that site. All I got was a tip to use the search. ...which pretty turned up little to nothing.

Rock Island and Armscorp are made in the Phillipines...Armscorp is an importer. Very good basic 1911...lots of people use it as the platform for a custom 1911. If I was looking at an inexpensive 1911, I'd go RIA.

(Clarion County)

BUy it. They are great for the money.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Jefferson County)

I'm probably gonna pick it up the next time I'm in that town. I already carry a tricked & tuned Nork 1911, so I'll save on being able to reuse holsers and stuff.

I keep debating on getting a tupperware gun, but just cant get past the plastic Fisher Price feel.

I own one. Its ARMSCOR.. And the maker is Armscor.. Armscor in Nevada is the Importer.. Arms Corporation of the Phillippines... Been making gun since 1905.. . Built well and a fantastic shooter. very reliable... They make the Dailys and Rock island arms, so the Parent company is armscor..
    Last edited by FlyinGN; December 13th, 2006 at 09:19 PM.
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma