Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dani Guest

Default Springfield Twnshp Student Kills self with AK-47

Springfield 16-year old kills self in school with AK-47

I just watched the news and somebody actually was like 'This wasnt just a handgun. this was a shotgun!"---that must make it so much different. He apparently took it into school in a big gym bag. He didnt shoot anybody else though, so atleast pro-gun control people wont be geeking out that bad. well, i guess i'll wait and see. Things like this just dont help with the revived discussion of ones right to bear arms.

(Clarion County)

Default Re: Springfield Twnshp Student Kills self with AK-47

Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post

I just watched the news and somebody actually was like 'This wasnt just a handgun. this was a shotgun!"---that must make it so much different. He apparently took it into school in a big gym bag. He didnt shoot anybody else though, so atleast pro-gun control people wont be geeking out that bad. well, i guess i'll wait and see. Things like this just dont help with the revived discussion of ones right to bear arms.

I have no problem with someone comitting suicide. That is their choice.
    I think it is a stupid and cowardly choice but that is not for me to decide.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dani View Post

And what would the anti-gunner solution be? More gun laws? The obvious response would be: according to current gun laws, he wasn't allowed to own/possess a rifle, anyway. What are more gun laws going to do.

Just another case of criminals not following the law. The never have, it's the nature of what they do, and they never will.

For criminals, another gun law, is another broken law.

(Delaware County)

One of the newscasters called the gun he used a "sawed off AK-47"

(Beaver County)

All ready in discussion here: http://www.pafoa.org/forum/news-123/...ere-again.html

but anyways: So what was it? A shotgun, or an AK47. Any time I hear AK on the news, I immediatly discredit it. That seems to be what they call ANY rifle with a detachable magazine.

(Delaware County)

The Montco DA was useing the terms Kalishnikov and 7.62 Military round. So Iguess we are going with AK.

(Philadelphia County)

Blaming this on guns is just as silly as blaming it on commies.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Diego, aren't you a commie? lol.

correction...commie lover? or ex-commie that you love?

hehe...sorry I had to....don't tell the misses I said that or else she will beat me down.

dani Guest

Quote Originally Posted by avizpls View Post
    All ready in discussion here: http://www.pafoa.org/forum/news-123/...ere-again.html

but anyways: So what was it? A shotgun, or an AK47. Any time I hear AK on the news, I immediatly discredit it. That seems to be what they call ANY rifle with a detachable magazine.
    It was the fathers gun, an AK. but yeah, people said rifle, shotgun. all different names were mentioned. the kid had somehow gotten it from the gun safe apparently. i also dont care too much if people commit suicide, but no need to blow your brains out in front of other people and fuck their day up.

I hope this is an isolated incident. Maybe it's just me, but for a while it seemed like shootings increased right around the time gun bills were stuck in deliberation. One or two well-timed high profile shootings conveniently helped them along on several occasions.

Again, I really hope I'm wrong, but the next two to three years will tell for certain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast