Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is having only one great 9mm satisfying enough?

The list of firearms I want to own is getting longer every day. I do not own a full size 9mm yet so I think it is first priority (for target shooting only, my carry needs are met).

Now here's a question for those of you who own multiple pistols of the same caliber. Once you invested in one pistol that you really love, do you tend to ignore the others in your collection that are the same caliber? I'm afraid that buying a custom/precision 9mm will make me not want to purchase other full size 9mms. Have any of you experienced this? Or do you still have the urge to buy standard pistols even though you have near perfection in the same caliber at home?

Default Re: Is having only one great 9mm satisfying enough?

Well, I have three 9mm's, two .40's, three .45's & a .38 spl. All are quality handguns that are proven LE or military favorites, but I seriously doubt that I'm done buying yet.

(And don't even get me started on my shotguns or rifles.)
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Lancaster County)

all I can say.is what I tell people when they ask me. how many guns to you have?more then I need and not as many as I want.trust me I've been getting firearms since I could buy them and it always seem that I always want another one.so relax buy what you want and enjoy them all.crazywolf

(Northumberland County)

i only have 1 9mm and a shitload of ammo for it. i have a 1911, AR, AK , 870, and a .22lr, i dont feel the need to have multiple guns of the same caliber.

i have plenty of ammo for each gun i just pray none of them break during SHTF

I'd like to get either a SW952 or a CZ75TS. I guess I just can't imagine owning one of those and still wanting to take a less accurate 9mm to the range with me. Although........ I suppose I could always buy other 9mm and claim that I am doing it so I can afford to bring friends to the range. But to be honest I'm sure I'll want other calibers before buying more 9mms anyway. What's a collection without one of each caliber right?

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    i only have 1 9mm and a shitload of ammo for it. i have a 1911, AR, AK , 870, and a .22lr, i dont feel the need to have multiple guns of the same caliber.

What is SHTF? Something to do with the end of the world perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post
    all I can say.is what I tell people when they ask me. how many guns to you have?more then I need and not as many as I want. relax buy what you want and enjoy them all.crazywolf
    I'm gonna have to steal your words next time someone asks me that question. Thanks for the good advice

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rydyth View Post
    What is SHTF? Something to do with the end of the world perhaps?
    Sh*t hits the fan, the end of polite times and an entrance into a time without effective, duly constituted and trustworthy authority to engage in public safety provision.

Personally, I'd say to identify things that you're proficient with and that are in common use and then make sure to have spare parts and the knowledge to replace them as needed. If you insist on an oddball caliber or an atypical weapon or weapons expect the necessity of duplicates.

(Mercer County)

Having only one of any gun is never satisfying enough. The reason Icarus kept flying was due to the fact that his local gunshop had 1911s at half price, for a limited time only.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Luzerne County)

Is having only one great 9mm satisfying enough?

Depends on what your goal is. Some are under the belief that you need one gun and learn to shoot it well. I have seen that these are the guys that are first in line to shoot someone else's new toy.

Then there are people who believe that they should have a second of what ever the have as a back up. Not a bad idea.

Then there are those that want or need one of everything.

I myself fall under the category of wanting to try new toys. I buy them try them and they end up in the safe. These may end up passed down to my sons, or traded in for something else. They are an investment that can eventually make some money.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast