Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Default Anyone have a Remington 1100 Tac4

I'm wanting a hi capacity semi-auto for 3-gun, to upgrade from a pump. I saw that Remington has a 1100 Tac 4 12 ga, 22" barrel, with a +4 mag tube (i'm assuming this would be 1+8 = 9 loaded to the max?) that is within my price range ($600-700).

Good 3-gun comp gun?

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...100-tac-4.aspx

Default Re: Anyone have a Remington 1100 Tac4

Quote Originally Posted by robrat View Post
    I'm wanting a hi capacity semi-auto for 3-gun, to upgrade from a pump. I saw that Remington has a 1100 Tac 4 12 ga, 22" barrel, with a +4 mag tube (i'm assuming this would be 1+8 = 9 loaded to the max?) that is within my price range ($600-700).

Good 3-gun comp gun?

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...100-tac-4.aspx
    I have one a love it. If you can get one for that price scoop it up. I have never seen them under $700. I shot 4 poppers and a texas star in 5.6 seconds at local wounded warrior match. Only change I want to make to mine is to add a dave metal works easyloader.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Allegheny County)

The shop I work in has a 11-87 tactical. Its used in like new condition. It has a 18 inch barrel, I believe 6+1. $625

(Berks County)

I picked up a Remmy 11-48 with choked 18" barrel and mag extension 7+1 for $220. Absolutely the be purchase I've made.

(Juniata County)

I bought the Tac-4 a couple weeks ago, and have taken it to the trap range and shot some sporting clays with it to get some rounds through it. So far, I've put 200 rounds through it.

So far, no malfunctions. None. Its cycled everything. I've shot Winchester AA's and Fed 100 pack from Walmart.

It actually swings pretty nice, I'm doing decent with it shooting trap. I need to pattern it, and see whats going on - with IC in there, I'm either powdering the birds, or missing them. No pieces, so I suspect the pattern in pretty tight.

Only knock is the loading - I hate the loading gate, can't get the knack of loading this thing with any kind of speed. I've got a Dave's Metal Works speedloader on order, hopefully that will help.

(Lehigh County)

had the handgunner install a DMW on my 11-87p. you will love it as it loads like a dream. just make sure it is installed and adjusted correctly.

(Juniata County)

Question on the DMW loader- -I'm assuming it functions like the button- -from an empty gun, when you go to load a shell in the mag, it releases the action?

How do you prefer to load - throw on in the chamber, then hit the gate and load the rest into the tube....or just let the action close on an empty chamber, re-fill the mag tube and pull the handle to cycle a shell into the chamber?

Other than loading the mag, I'm liking the gun, and hitting what I look at with it.

(Allegheny County)

the tac-4 is just a renamed "competition master" , I guess people buy more if you call it "tactical".

Lycan has a CM, great gun, perfect for 3-gun.

Im running a 11-87 only because I found one used, buying new I would have grabbed a TAC no problem.