Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Smile Windsor Fish and Game help

Hey All,

I've been looking for a nice place to shoot for awhile. I recently bought a new rifle from Hake's down in Wrightsville (great place btw!) and they highly recommended checking out Windsor Fish and Game. I looked at their website, but my issue is that I work second shift and won't be available to attend the monthly meeting. Would anyone here that belongs to the club be able to show me around one weekday morning or sometime on the weekend? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks
    Steve

(York County)

Default Re: Windsor Fish and Game help

Gave the club number listed on their website a call this morning, no answer. I wasn't sure if anyone would be there at this hour, but couldn't hurt to try right? Anybody out there a member of Windsor Fish and Game?

(York County)

I didn't see this thread until just now. I *was* a member until this past April when I inadvertently allowed my membership to lapse, otherwise I could do it, I also work afternoon/evening shifts.

The range has a locked gate unless someone is in there. Windsor is a small but very clean and nicely equipped range, 25 yard pistol, and 50yd, 100yd and 200yd rifle lanes. Very nice shooting stations for as small as it is.

No shotgun, but bow and arrow are allowed. $20/year I believe. Soda machine and restroom are available at all times to members, and the clubhouse is locked unless there is a meeting.

The wife really liked how quiet it was. We belonged for 2 years and only once was there someone else at the range while we wanted to shoot. Only once, otherwise we had the place to ourselves. Helping out and doing chores around the range is strictly voluntary, no pressure or requirements.

I know there are several PAFOA members who shoot at Windsor, maybe bump this thread from time-to-time, someone will chime in eventually.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Hey, thanks Curmudgeon! I've heard it is a nice quiet range as well. I thought it would be a good fit for some relatively new shooters like my wife and I are. Hopefully a current member will pop by. Thanks again for your help!

(York County)

I might be able to help you out. I work a rotating shift, and am available during the weekday morning sometimes. By 2nd shift, I assume you mean 3pm to 11pm? I'm out of town right now, but would be available next week later in the week.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 15Truckman View Post
    I might be able to help you out. I work a rotating shift, and am available during the weekday morning sometimes. By 2nd shift, I assume you mean 3pm to 11pm? I'm out of town right now, but would be available next week later in the week.
    Hey Matt tried to PM you back in regards to contact info for a board member at Windsor, but your box is full. Thanks again for meeting up with me earlier today. Shoot me a PM if you can find the info.

-Steve

sorry for not coming to this game earlier, I overlook this section for some reason...Anyway, if you need another sig on your application let me know, I will put me john hancock on it

(York County)

Hello, I am fairly new to PA and looking to join somewhere like this that is quite and I am able to teach my son without a lot of distractions. I am not familiar with the need to be a member, Is this the only way to use a facility in York county? I have no problem joining but seems I need a sponsor and I dont know anyone here.
    Is anyone out there willing/wanting to show me the facility and get me going?
    Thanks,
    Shaun