Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Want another glock

So I am thinking of adding a Gen 4 Glock 23 to my collection with my G19 and 26.

Anyone have one? Do you like it? I never had a .40 before so it should interesting. I would be getting it with night sights.

I have also been checking out the Smith and Wesson M&P .40. is that bigger then the g23?

or is the M&P C the same size?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Want another glock

Why do want to add another caliber?

IIRC, M&Pc is 26/27 sized.

I want to pick up a 17 or 34.

(Lackawanna County)

my 26 is my favorite to carry, my 34 is my favorite to shoot with, and my 19 well it has a silencer on it...what do you think ! LOL Honestly I think the glock or the MP is a fine choice, while I do no like the .40 in any pistol really. But if you like the caliber either gun will do nicely!

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the replies, I don't know. I'm having that "i want another gun" feeling lol. I was going to pick up a Smith and Wesson .380 body guard for times when I cannot fully CC my G26. However I spotted a new G4 Glock 23 and it made me want it. I don't know why i want it in a .40 though. Just something new I guess.

(Lawrence County)

i had a 22 gen4, man i loved that pistol, smooth as hell
    I't ain't braggin if you can do it !

(Chester County)

Everyone I've talked to says the Gen 4 23 kicks like a little bitch. The 22 is much softer, but no-one I've talked to thinks the 23 shoots softer.

Just a heads up, might want to shoot one first.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Everyone I've talked to says the Gen 4 23 kicks like a little bitch. The 22 is much softer, but no-one I've talked to thinks the 23 shoots softer.

Just a heads up, might want to shoot one first.
    Thanks I might have to try one out. If I dont get one I would like to get both my glocks night sights and maybe pick up that .380

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: Want another glock

if you like shooting 9,s going to the .40 is no big deal. recoil is not that big of a difference. my dad was never a fan of the glocks until he shot my gen 3 23. he thought it was one of the best shooting autos he has ever tried. keep in mind this man is 74 yrs. old, he could not miss with this gun. i have 8 glocks love them all, it has turned into a habit. if you want nite sites put on think about tru-glo,s tfo sites. tfo stands for tritium fiber optic, these are bright during the day as well as nite. you are looking at around 100$ installed. i know it is about a hour drive for you but check out rich at mechanicsburg ordnance he keeps them in stk. not to mention if he knows you want sites and your coming on a sat. you can get them changed out while you wait.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    if you like shooting 9,s going to the .40 is no big deal. recoil is not that big of a difference. my dad was never a fan of the glocks until he shot my gen 3 23. he thought it was one of the best shooting autos he has ever tried. keep in mind this man is 74 yrs. old, he could not miss with this gun. i have 8 glocks love them all, it has turned into a habit. if you want nite sites put on think about tru-glo,s tfo sites. tfo stands for tritium fiber optic, these are bright during the day as well as nite. you are looking at around 100$ installed. i know it is about a hour drive for you but check out rich at mechanicsburg ordnance he keeps them in stk. not to mention if he knows you want sites and your coming on a sat. you can get them changed out while you wait.
    thanks for the info! i'll have to check that place out.

I've had a Gen 3 Glock 23 for a few years. They're a great gun. The compact size makes it easy to conceal, but the grip is still large enough to shoot comfortably. The .40 recoil is a little more snappy than a 9mm, but not really a problem.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast