Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Default Re: Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club?

Following this is comical. I’m a long-time member at LPRG. I’ve seen some assholes and witnessed some power trips by the head people. But mostly what I’ve found is a bunch of normal guys like me who like shooting guns. Don’t like the training requirements? Don’t join. It really is that simple. If you ask them up front, they’ll tell you all the costs. In fact, they told me all of that during the first membership meeting, BEFORE I even paid them a single cent. Those fees go towards paying the trainers and keeping the club in great shape. The club couldn’t look like it does and operate like it does simply off of annual membership dues.

I don’t know you, Karys, but it sounds like you’re pretty butt-hurt about something more than the training fees.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperKiller View Post
    ...I don’t know you, Karys, but it sounds like you’re pretty butt-hurt about something more than the training fees.
    I don't think there's any doubt about that. Take care Karys and stay safe.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Delaware County)

Reading this thread reminds of being in the sandbox with the kindergarten kids with everyone throwing sand.

(Berks County)

With a little LPRG training this guy could still have his job.

Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Wow... Just wow! Can't believe i've not seen this thread before...

I've been a member of LPRGC for almost two years now (joined when membership re-opened following the new clubhouse).

I can honestly say I've not experienced any ego-trips or god complexes. Everyone I've me there has been extremely friendly and I actually quite like the "safety first" ethos of the club, especially after having seen some pretty horrible safety violations at other ranges!

With regards the classes, they are only a prerequisite to becoming "action qualified" and by no means mandatory. All of this was explained to me when i inquired about membership and is all on the club website also. Maybe if the butt hurt people on this thread spent as much time researching the club before joining as they do ranting here they would've made a more educated decision before joining.

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

Maybe LPRGC needs another rule, aside form no break dancing while armed. This was posted on another forum, in response to the above break dancing debacle and I might propose it at the next board meeting:

"The range I go too has a rule that if you break your no longer allowed to shoot there !!

That RULE is - If you drop your pistol your not allowed to pick it up for 10 seconds after calling for a range cease fire .. the purpose is to stop someone from hastily grabbing the pistol and causing a ND like the agent had .. many people had questioned the reasoning and here you have it !!"

Talk about an awkward 10 seconds, BUT no one gets hurt = time well spent.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Maybe LPRGC needs another rule, aside form no break dancing while armed. This was posted on another forum, in response to the above break dancing debacle and I might propose it at the next board meeting:

"The range I go too has a rule that if you break your no longer allowed to shoot there !!

That RULE is - If you drop your pistol your not allowed to pick it up for 10 seconds after calling for a range cease fire .. the purpose is to stop someone from hastily grabbing the pistol and causing a ND like the agent had .. many people had questioned the reasoning and here you have it !!"

Talk about an awkward 10 seconds, BUT no one gets hurt = time well spent.
    They should just limit permissible pistols to H&K P7's to really minimize the possibility of ND's.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    They should just limit permissible pistols to H&K P7's to really minimize the possibility of ND's.
    Had one, thought it would be the bees knees, not so much. I'm not knocking them, but getting used to the grip-fire was harder than I thought and I can shoot just about anything. I REALLY wanted to like it, but I could never get it to be instinctual.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223