Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club?

Quote Originally Posted by davidwiz View Post
    So let me get this straight - I've been shooting USPSA for over 20 years, have a "B" classification, was a USPSA Range Officer for almost 15 years and officiated numerous USPSA Nationals, am a NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, but, for me to be able to draw from a holster at LPRGC I have to take over $500 worth of classes and then take a number of "qualification" tests? What am I missing? If Rob Leatham, arguably the greatest action shooter in history, shows up and wants to be a member and draw from a holster, you're going to make him jump through your BS hoops before letting him draw from a holster?
    Their range. Their rules. You don't have to go there. Did you get turned away and are pissed enough to dig up 2 old threads to vent?

So let me get this straight - I've been shooting USPSA for over 20 years, have a "B" classification, was a USPSA Range Officer for almost 15 years and officiated numerous USPSA Nationals, am a NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, but, for me to be able to draw from a holster at LPRGC I have to take over $500 worth of classes and then take a number of "qualification" tests? What am I missing? If Rob Leatham, arguably the greatest action shooter in history, shows up and wants to be a member and draw from a holster, you're going to make him jump through your BS hoops before letting him draw from a holster?
    Do you know what they call a medical student who graduated with a D average? Doctor.

You can talk all you want about the certifications and experience you, Leatham, or Jelly Bryce have. We honor the mantra of the great state of Missouri, so you'll have to show us. Otherwise, we have what's known in those parts as a Missouri boat ride...
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Berks County)

So you don't think you can pass. Well they have tuesday nights to get you up to speed. You will need a better attitude though. Can't learn nothing if you know everything. ;D
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Damn sure glad I have my membership in NHRPC.....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TangoBravo605 View Post
    Damn sure glad I have my membership in NHRPC.....
    Why?
    Oh and what is NHRPC?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Do you know what they call a medical student who graduated with a D average? Doctor.

You can talk all you want about the certifications and experience you, Leatham, or Jelly Bryce have. We honor the mantra of the great state of Missouri, so you'll have to show us. Otherwise, we have what's known in those parts as a Missouri boat ride...
    There’s a huge difference between “show me” and “pay me huge amounts of money for kindergarten level basic training so my ego gets stroked”

You guys aren’t teaching anyone anything special that can’t be learned somewhere else and taught by someone else for less money. The problem is that you guys think that you’re superheroes who are the only ones who possess this knowledge and are the only ones that are capable of teaching it. Guess what? None of you are all that special.

It’s not about being safe. It’s about showing who’s the big fish in your little pond.

Have fun playing your reindeer games guys. I get it. It’s your house and your rules, but don’t expect me to burn a single molecule of energy to show any of you any respect when you’re out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    There’s a huge difference between “show me” and “pay me huge amounts of money for kindergarten level basic training so my ego gets stroked”

You guys aren’t teaching anyone anything special that can’t be learned somewhere else and taught by someone else for less money. The problem is that you guys think that you’re superheroes who are the only ones who possess this knowledge and are the only ones that are capable of teaching it. Guess what? None of you are all that special.

It’s not about being safe. It’s about showing who’s the big fish in your little pond.

Have fun playing your reindeer games guys. I get it. It’s your house and your rules, but don’t expect me to burn a single molecule of energy to show any of you any respect when you’re out in public.
    The biggest problem I've seen over the years is folks lumping members into this group or that group, this click or that click. It simply isn't true for many of us.

I don't think anyone is forcing education on new members, rather they want to observe their ability to execute what they've learned.

I visited a gunsmith with over 30 years of experience. While inspecting a use pistol, he ripped a .32 round that went flying around the room. Not fun. All the training and experience doesn't mean folks can't use a refresher. The qualification ensures everyone is up to date.

I am NOT an official spokesperson for the club. You say it's about personalities and perhaps that's what you've experienced there. I'm going on 15 years and from day one I never experienced that, but did witness it between others. Anytime you get a group of folks together with a common interest, it seems some want to prove how uncommon they are. It happens in life: bad bosses, bad family, bad classmates. As adults, we learn to deal with this. The club, like marriage or any other institution, will give back what you put into it. 10% of the members work hard to keep that club running and thus seem to enjoy most of the benefits. They participate in the work and the fun/shooting events. Pick up a rake and you'd be surprised how attitudes change.

The fact is, there is no other indoor/outdoor club that I can think of located in a suburban setting and make no mistake there are plenty of folks who would love to see that change. There's no margin for error with gun safety in any venue, but even minor accidents at the club, gun related or not, will make headlines and feed the anti-gunners. We prefer to stay off the radar and that might entail the enforcement of rules, which might offend some folks. Jesus couldn't keep 12 men happy.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Bucks County)

I don't think anyone is forcing education on new members, rather they want to observe their ability to execute what they've learned.
    That’s absolute BS! You are forcing education on new members while raping them financially and getting an ego stroke at the same time.

I would have been happy to shoot any qualification course, and I did put 10 shots on paper from 10 feet on my first try in order to qualify to use the indoor range, but in order to shoot in your action shoots in the indoor range on Tuesday nights I have to take your version of the NRA basic pistol course AND your version of the NRA personal protection in the home course and pay you hundreds of dollars for the pleasure when I’ve been certified to teach those courses myself for the last 18 years and have taught each course annually since I’ve been certified.

Your explanation has been said before in this thread. Yeah, ok, you’re in “Indian territory” and you’re afraid of the anti-gunners around you. You still don’t have to come off like such pricks, and that’s exactly what you are, and thus get no respect from me.

Jesus couldn't keep 12 men happy.
    That right there is the problem. None of you can walk on water.
    Last edited by Karys; May 16th, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

(Bucks County)

You should stop holding back and tell us how you really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Why?
    Oh and what is NHRPC?
    New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club, Gap PA. http://nhrpc.org Membership is closed, last time I knew. I think we accepted via lottery 3 or 4 new ones last Jan to make up for folks who left for whatever reason. We own enough surrounding land that we are not likely to get incurred upon. Just a great group of guys and gals. Beautiful venue. Check out the link to see what I mean.

TB605

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast