Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Default Re: Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club?

University Rifle club near Reading is another good place to shoot
    https://www.universityrifle.org/

(Montgomery County)

This subject has been beaten to death. Everyone out there that thinks they are Oh so qualified and basically the next thing to God when it comes to their ability with a gun here is a news flash no one cares. If you want to join follow the rules and join if not don't. This is a club that has been there for many years and has had civilization grow up and surround it. It probably should not even exist where it is but it does and does well. One mishap and it could be gone. so if you don't want to prove what you know and pay what it takes go somewhere else. Evidently enough people do or they could not stay open and keep upgrading the place.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DrCJV View Post
    This subject has been beaten to death.
    Yep and as long as the thieves at Lower Providence continue their bullshit, I will comment to keep this thread alive every time it's resurrected. At this point it would give me great pleasure to see the entire club destroyed and the leadership as absolutely miserable as they could possibly be.

Everyone out there that thinks they are Oh so qualified and basically the next thing to God when it comes to their ability with a gun...
    Not me. I'm not a god. I never claimed that I was. I'm nobody. I'm not a competitive shooter, but I know how to shoot and I know how to do it safely. I just want to practice and develop the skills that I may need to save my life. The cardinal sin that I committed, according to you and the gods at LP, is that I didn't learn any of those skills from LPRG. You're the second LPRG member to mention God in this thread. I am close to God though, but I have only one God and He's not a member of LPRG. The arrogance is coming from you and the leadership of the club. You're the ones that think you are gods. You live in your own little bubble and preach about how wonderful you are in a hostile environment and about how you and only you can train people to safely handle firearms but it's all a scheme to accumulate power and money. You are the false gods that the prophets wrote about.
    ...here is a news flash no one cares.
    Obviously you do or you wouldn't have posted.

If you want to join follow the rules and join if not don't.
    It's not that simple doc. Lower Providence is running a bait and switch scam. You guys smile at the Oaks gun show and say, "Come join us. Come shoot at our indoor range. Come shoot in our action shoots and our IDPA matches." Then after you collect our money for an annual membership you say, "Oh no, we're afraid of the anti-gunners and we don't trust you. You have to learn all the basics from us again and pay us hundreds of dollars so that we make sure that you're doing things the right way, which is our way and no one else's and we also need to feel important so you need to kiss our asses so we can keep our club."

Believe it or not, there are millions of people out there in this country that know how to shoot and can do it safely. People handle and shoot firearms every day and no one gets hurt or killed. Millions of people draw from a holster, shoot multiple rounds, rapidly, at steel and other targets, perform reloads, shoot again at multiple targets, rapidly and go back to their holster and do it safely and properly with no injuries and without having received any training from LPRG.

This is a club that has been there for many years and has had civilization grow up and surround it.
    So what? That doesn't justify your bait and switch scam. You know, there are people out there who have been where you are and have fought the same battles you're fighting and have won. Maybe you should reach out to them. Maybe you should try to attract them to your club so you can learn from them, but no, you won't do that, because it's not about saving your club, it's about acquiring and wielding power over people; it's about maintaining your arrogance and collecting as much money from people as you can.

It probably should not even exist where it is but it does...
    Hey there! Now there's a point where we are in agreement. At least if they bulldozed the whole LP property and built another shopping mall, the stores in the mall wouldn't run a bait and switch scam like LP does.

...and does well.
    That depends on your definition of "well". If your goal is to only take in total novice members so the leadership can bask in that luscious, glorious power and count the thousands of dollars that they collect for training, then yeah, you do well. But if you were really doing well, you wouldn't need to try to scam the attendees of the Oaks gun show, now would you?

so if you don't want to prove what you know and pay what it takes go somewhere else.
    I would gladly prove what I know, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay you hundreds of dollars to take kindergarten level basic training and six months to a year to do it, as I said before, but LPRG doesn't want experienced shooters that aren't willing to kiss the asses of the leadership. It's your way or the highway. Well I took the highway and went somewhere else and I'm very happy with my current club, but I'll still call all of you a bunch of thieves and cowards every chance I get and I'll gladly say it to you, or any of your leadership face to face if I ever see you at Oaks or anywhere in public. You get no respect from me, no matter what. You fooled me once and now it's my duty to put the word out so you can't pull your little scam on anyone else. You disrespected me first by pulling your scam.

Evidently enough people do or they could not stay open and keep upgrading the place.
    Yeah, there you go. "See! We're popular! We're the cool kids and only other cool kids who will pay us and kiss our asses can belong to our club." Good job there Fredo. You're smart and you can handle stuff.

Lower Providence is probably a great club for an absolute novice to join. It's a win for everyone. The novice gains the knowledge they need and the club leadership and instructors get worshipped as only the cultural elite should. Everything is right there, including training, but LP doesn't want experienced shooters and is more interested in reaching into their new member's wallets and acquiring power and that's wrong. There's only so many novices that you can sign up and their money can't support your power grab or maintain your arrogance now, can they? That's why you go after people at the Oaks gun show, right?

So why don't you just put up a big sign at your booth at the Oaks gun show saying "Experienced shooters need not apply"?

Here's an FBI agent, who is now an experienced shooter. I wonder how many NRA certifications he holds:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-agent-...ry?id=55614488
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Berks County)

I belong to Northern Chester County Sportsmen's Club, which is and remains full to capacity year after year without solicitation. They offer training but nothing is forced and all of the guys that I have met have been great to rub elbows with. I know two guys who shoot at LPRG and they fit right into that mold that Karys speaks of, a pair of royal assholes who are better than everyone else. It is nice to know that they have themselves a home where they can feel comfortable with like minded people
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I certainly can't say everyone at LPRGC is a joy to be with, but maybe I just haven't run in to as many ego maniac members as there are reported to be. I've been going there a bit more often lately - weekly, so perhaps time will tell. If I recall, membership is getting closer to 2,000 and I rarely run into more than one or two people when I go there. I've been a member for something like 15 years and any member who comes off like an ass usually finds their own way out the door.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Here's an FBI agent, who is now an experienced shooter. I wonder how many NRA certifications he holds:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-agent-...ry?id=55614488
    Obviously none from LPRG. Of course the incident never would have happened if he got trained by the LP combat gods, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    Obviously none from LPRG. Of course the incident never would have happened if he got trained by the LP combat gods, right?
    Actually, it's use of the word trained - past tense. This agent, and the FBI, felt he had enough training to carry a weapon, clearly that isn't the case. IMO, training/learning are ongoing and firearm safety is mostly about attitude.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    IMO, training/learning are ongoing and firearm safety is mostly about attitude.
    I agree. Too bad you can’t have the proper attitude unless you kiss the asses of the gods at LP.

(Bucks County)

Ok. I'm tired of this. So I'm going to go completely over the top to demonstrate the stupidity of joseywales' opinion and the policies of Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club.

Are you ready josey? Here we go...

I declare that joseywales is not allowed to own, possess or use any firearms for any reason within one mile of me or my family. It doesn't matter how much training you've had, or from whom, or how well you can demonstrate how safe you are. There are lots of stupid people out there and I'm afraid I might get shot when you lose your gun while you're getting jiggy with it out on the dance floor and I just want to enjoy a nice night out with my family.

If we all have to keep an open mind and learn from each other, you can learn as much from me as I can from you and the gods at LPRG. So...

Because I don't trust you and I need to feel powerful, and I'm a certified instructor, in order for you to possess or use any firearms within one mile of me and my family, you have to take all the training courses from me that I am certified to teach. It will cost you $1500. I'm kind of busy though, so you'll have to wait three years until I have time to teach you what I know so we can all be safe.

You may be afraid of losing your club due to an accident, but I'm afraid for my life and the lives of my family members. My fear is greater than yours so guess what? My life. My rules.

So until you've completed my training, I would expect you to shut up and go back to your little bubble at LPRG where everyone is as safe as they can possibly be. That is, unless I get within a mile of the club while you're there.

Do I need to say any more or explain it to you more plainly, or do you get it now?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast