Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default A new legal fund?

It's evident that the Philly PD is playing fast and loose with the law on several fronts. Is it time to collect another fund and go after Philly PD? Perhaps a smaller fund to hire an attorney to explore the options. Should we have an avenue to go for it, we add to the fund. Even if we never got our money back. Sticking it to them would me worth a donation from me.

Note:
    I don't live any near Philly I'm not directly effected. It still chaffs my hide to see them get away with it. It disturbs my sense of justice. If we do succeed, it will really put the PAFOA on the political map.

What say you all?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: A new legal fund?

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    It's evident that the Philly PD is playing fast and loose with the law on several fronts. Is it time to collect another fund and go after Philly PD? Perhaps a smaller fund to hire an attorney to explore the options. Should we have an avenue to go for it, we add to the fund. Even if we never got our money back. Sticking it to them would me worth a donation from me.

Note:
    I don't live any near Philly I'm not directly effected. It still chaffs my hide to see them get away with it. It disturbs my sense of justice. If we do succeed, it will really put the PAFOA on the political map.

What say you all?
    I'm all for it but I have yet to know of a specific instance or person other than what people heard from so and so in very vague terms.

I've heard of revocations for speeding. Was the speeder doing 125 while high?

I've heard of revocations for stolen guns. Were the circumstances of the theft shady?

If we can get specific cases and details with real people that someone can vouch for, I'm all for it and let's roll.

Not too long ago I asked for specifics for these stories and heard nothing.

(Philadelphia County)

count me in for donating.

when my permit was revoked in philly because the idiots believed that I signed expungment order from an NJ judge did not apply to philadelphia I ended up spending 2,500.00 dollars to have a right restored to me for their incompetence!

I stand by and will continously recommend Jon Mirowitz, Esq. in Philadelphia. Jon is the most premier and probably the most respected firearms attorney in the state. He lecutres all across the sates to law enforcement about PA gun laws. He has written books and articles on Gun Law.

Most important as I have cited before; Jon loves making the PA permit office look stupid! It is my position that if we start a fund that Jon is the attorney for us.

I am hoping that someday the with donations tht the PA firearms association will be able to help others like me so the cost to defend their right is not so expensive.

I agree with wilson. We have to band together and make Phila comply with the law. We have to remind Phila that they are part of the COMMONWEALTH OF PA and the law applies to them!

In brotherhood,

Regards,

Greg

(Tioga County)

Would you be comfortable in contacting Jon and asking him how much it would cost to investigate ways to make city and Police department pay for their abuse of the law and what the chances of winning are?

As long as they can continue to mess with people without it coming back at them in the pocket book they will continue to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    count me in for donating.

when my permit was revoked in philly because the idiots believed that I signed expungment order from an NJ judge did not apply to philadelphia I ended up spending 2,500.00 dollars to have a right restored to me for their incompetence!

I stand by and will continously recommend Jon Mirowitz, Esq. in Philadelphia. Jon is the most premier and probably the most respected firearms attorney in the state. He lecutres all across the sates to law enforcement about PA gun laws. He has written books and articles on Gun Law.

Most important as I have cited before; Jon loves making the PA permit office look stupid! It is my position that if we start a fund that Jon is the attorney for us.

I am hoping that someday the with donations tht the PA firearms association will be able to help others like me so the cost to defend their right is not so expensive.

I agree with wilson. We have to band together and make Phila comply with the law. We have to remind Phila that they are part of the COMMONWEALTH OF PA and the law applies to them!

In brotherhood,

Regards,

Greg

(Chester County)

This is an important issue. I think the PAFOA is becoming a more significant power, especially after Greg Rotz's recent success. If the management here is weary of creating a fund for such situations, think about the publicity the PAFOA would get if our advertisement were crafted correctly. We will get more members, and ultimately, more money. So that when some numb-skull revokes a license next time, justice will be swift.
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

(Luzerne County)

Remember, we need people from phila willing to stand like Greg did when appropriate.

(Chester County)

FWIW it could be done..but there are things that probaly be very complicated in doing so.For instance and God forebid what if the 2 co-owners happened to die?Who would control the funds.Would the site in essence have to become I think it's called a 501c?Alot would have to go into the planning of the account.Just my .02 BTW I would be for this if it is workable!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    FWIW it could be done..but there are things that probaly be very complicated in doing so.For instance and God forebid what if the 2 co-owners happened to die?Who would control the funds.Would the site in essence have to become I think it's called a 501c?Alot would have to go into the planning of the account.Just my .02 BTW I would be for this if it is workable!
    There could be a chain of command. Doug and Dan up top, then generals and captains (so to speak) could control this fund.

Or simply, we live with the possibility of some freak thing happening to the owners, not a big risk imo.
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

(Tioga County)

I'm reminded of a lesson learned back in my navy days. " You can delegate authority,
    you can't delegate responsibility,"

Quote Originally Posted by jh664322 View Post
    There could be a chain of command. Doug and Dan up top, then generals and captains (so to speak) could control this fund.

Or simply, we live with the possibility of some freak thing happening to the owners, not a big risk imo.

(Westmoreland County)

Guys, the reality is that PAFOA receives little money from its members. Look around the threads for the green names of folks who have donated something.

Dan has said that, if it were not for the donated hosting and bandwidth, that the forum not be able to continue. Those charges would be between $1K and $2K per month, every month.

I support the type of fund you are talking about, but I think you are overestimating the financial solvency of PAFOA.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast