Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Best tapperware trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdonnell View Post
    I have found that the Glock grip angle is the same as the 1911, and the Sig. So the grip angle does not bother me that much.

Now, as to the original question, the trigger on the Glock is the best of them all except for the 1911. The rest just feel mushy to me, and the reset is much cleaner that the others. The 1911 trigger reset is possibly the shortest I have ever felt.

These are my opinions, not gospel.. Just my two cents..
    Glock does not have a 1911 grip angle. In fact there are places that modify the gun to have a 1911 grip angle.

So I don't know how you found that one out. But it doesn't, so you didn't.

I am of the same opinion about most of the rest of what you said however. I like Glock's reset. The take up isn't bad, and the break is better than the XD - and M&P - in my opinion.

Overall I pick Glock of the choices listed. Because if there isn't something you like about the trigger, you can easily change it. (As well as anything else about the gun.)

If we are allowed to include other polymer guns, there are a NUMBER of guns with better triggers out of the box. (Stock gun)

H&K, even the Steyr - hell even a Ruger SR9 has a pretty nice trigger compared to the guns listed. (Stock for stock)

If we really cheat and include DA/SA polymer guns like those from FNH- let me tell you. The SA trigger pull on an FNP will make you cringe pulling a stock Glock trigger. (And I'm a Glock fan) But having just picked up the FNP - it's no comparison...

Obviously 1911 wins being a true SA trigger pull. Nothing else can touch it.

When the decision is between Glock, M&P, and XD-m - if the Glock grip is satisfactory to you - I always go Glock. The aftermarket support is jaw dropping for their guns and there isn't anything made that isn't made for a Glock. So no matter what you want - the answer is almost always "yes". Add in the reliability of the guns. And well... there aren't a lot of reasons 'not' to get one if the grip is comfortable to you. But as I mentioned earlier. It is NOT a 1911 grip angle. A point of contention with many people.

(Allegheny County)

The Apex Forward Setting Sear is likely the best I have played with, including race gun Glock triggers. All subjective of course.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Bedford County)

I have a PRP trigger in my XDM and I love it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123