Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Greg Rotz permit revocation after action reports, links to news/video, and comments.

Hey Guys, now that Greg has won let's start a new thread and collect accounts and thoughts about the ordeal here along with any links to news items about the case.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Snyder County)

Default Re: Greg Rotz permit revocation after action reports, links to news/video, and commen

I was called by my reporter friend who was there and she said his LTCF was ordered to be reinstated as of today by the judge. I guess they didn't even hear much testimony. The attorney's met with the judge and discussed it all. So it seems not much info was discussed. But it sounds like justice was served.

But she will be doing a story about the hearing. And since I dated her for a couple years, and she grew up in a redneck town, and she studied law, I have faith that she will write a good story.

Congrats Greg!!!

Edit: Just in case anyone noticed, she was the cute blonde girl, in case there were too many of them, she is about 5'7" 115 lbs, and about 27...But I will be sure to post a link to the article when she sends me one....

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Greg Rotz permit revocation after action reports, links to news/video, and commen

Well, all went well....
    Pre meet was great, got to put faces to names, and even educated at least a few in the rest. about open carry, surprisingly NO ONE ran screaming from the rest.,,,,

News lady said it would be on abc 27 tonight at six, and would guess nbc 25 @5 as well, also reporters there from Chambersburg public opinion, Hagerstown Herald mail were there.

Pa Patriot, Doug, and Mike Stollenwerk(rep points for you guys) did an EXCELLANT job speaking to them (sorry if i missed anyone), and Greg did a great interview after the hearing.

I had to leave but the rest are at the steakhouse now, sure they will post more later, I know there were a few taking pics and video, lildobe for sure was...

all in all I think it showed not all of us are "gun nuts"

links:

abc 27 http://www.whtm.com/

Nbc 25 http://your4state.com/

Chambersburg Public opinion http://www.publicopiniononline.com/localnews/ci_7912802
    Comments http://www.topix.net/forum/source/ch...T4SFJSB9CSVC7F

Hagerstown herald mail http://www.herald-mail.com/
    Last edited by chesire17201; January 8th, 2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: add link

Talking Re: Greg Rotz permit revocation after action reports, links to news/video, and commen

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    Edit: Just in case anyone noticed, she was the cute blonde girl, in case there were too many of them, she is about 5'7" 115 lbs, and about 27...But I will be sure to post a link to the article when she sends me one....
    I got a good chuckle out of that. You seem so intent that we know who she is and what she looks like, you might as well send a link to her pic too in addition to her story.

Outstanding! Now there's even more positive case law for our defense!

(Philadelphia County)

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/localnews/ci_7912802

Revocation of Rotz' concealed weapon permit overturned by court

Franklin County Court of Common Pleas President Judge John R. Walker overturned this afternoon the revocation of a concealed weapon permit of a Chambersburg man who openly wore a handgun to vote in November.

Greg Rotz broke no laws in the Election Day incident, Walker said, before ordering the return of Rotz's permit to loud applause from the crowd of perhaps 75 onlookers.

Former Franklin County Sheriff Robert Wollyung revoked Rotz's permit after Rotz declined a suggestion from a constable at the New Franklin polling place that he leave his weapon in his vehicle while he voted.
    Last edited by danp; January 8th, 2008 at 05:17 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Mercer County)

here's a toast to Greg! (raises glass)
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/hovisimo2/sunsetpatrolresizedcopy.gif

(Allegheny County)

can't wait to see the news!

(I keep hitting refresh...)

(Allegheny County)

fantastic !
    It is great, not only that greg got his LTCF back (that never should have been revoked to begin with), but how this forum has helped like minded people organize effectively in the pursuit of liberty.

We have a great community here, and you guys really showed what kind of people you are by coming to Greg's aid like this.

(Chester County)

Congratulations! I too will be hitting the refresh to read people accounts, opinions and info.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast