Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Beretta Storm PX4

I'm thinking about getting a 9mm Beretta Storm PX4 sub compact for summer carry as I've found what I think is a pretty good deal on onefor $429.
    Any thoughts on this gun ?
    Jesus is Lord !

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Beretta Storm PX4

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a 9mm Beretta Storm PX4 sub compact for summer carry as I've found what I think is a pretty good deal on onefor $429.
    Any thoughts on this gun ?
    Nice gun overall - my only problem was I have not been able to become proficient at shooting it at all ! Can't hit the broad side of a barn. I even replaced the sites with some Beretta adjustable ones, and the only way I could dial it in was to adjust them all the way out. I have heard others say it is a difficult piece to get use to. Have even considered trading it - got anything you want to trade for mine - lol. I'd shoot one first. Good luck.

There have been several reviews on the gun here it seems to be a nice gun. Some people were having a problem viewing the sights, other then that this compact has the reputation as being able to shoot like a full size gun.

I don't own the compact but I own the full size PX4 in 45acp it is a pretty accurate and reliable gun with all the options. Very nice I think it would serve you well. Good luck, lets read your review.

(Bucks County)

Thanks much,it is on a list of 8 guns I'm considering.
    1.Springfield XD9801HCSP06
    2.Ruger SR9C
    3.Kahr CW9093
    4.Taurus PT111
    5.Taurus PT809
    6.KelTec P11
    7.Beretta Storm PX$
    8.S&W M&Pc
    Any input would be appreciated
    Jesus is Lord !

(Allegheny County)

I've shot it and prefer my S&W M&P 40 much better. I did not like the grip angle, the sight alignment or the trigger.
    Last edited by QuackXP; July 20th, 2011 at 04:03 PM.

(Indiana County)

My brother has one, and I have shot it a few times. Its a nice gun, and it has a nice balance to it. For reasons unknown, some of the ammo he shoots gives off a large amount of muzzle flash. I have shot the same ammo out of my XD sub-compact and have not experienced the same as his PX4. It doesnt affect the accuracy, but it is distracting. He shoots his very well. I would recommend shooting it, or at least getting a good feel for it before purchasing. Good luck!

(Cumberland County)

Thanks much,it is on a list of 8 guns I'm considering.
    1.Springfield XD9801HCSP06
    2.Ruger SR9C
    3.Kahr CW9093
    4.Taurus PT111
    5.Taurus PT809
    6.KelTec P11
    7.Beretta Storm PX$
    8.S&W M&Pc
    Any input would be appreciated
    Personally I would go for the Springfield ( love mine ) or the Kahr ( have heard a lot of good things about them ). I would stay away from PT Taurus's (only from personal experience, had a pt145 that stoppped going boom after only 50 rounds ) and kel-tec - you will read many good reveiws on them I'm sure, but I'd stick to the better quality of Springfield or Kahr - Ruger and S&W nice too, but I would go for Springfield or Kahr. Try getting your hands on some to shoot if you can - always a win. Good luck and post your final decision with pics I see the Springfield for $458 delivered for complete kit and the Kahr for $399. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Personally I would go for the Springfield ( love mine ) or the Kahr ( have heard a lot of good things about them ). I would stay away from PT Taurus's (only from personal experience, had a pt145 that stoppped going boom after only 50 rounds ) and kel-tec - you will read many good reveiws on them I'm sure, but I'd stick to the better quality of Springfield or Kahr - Ruger and S&W nice too, but I would go for Springfield or Kahr. Try getting your hands on some to shoot if you can - always a win. Good luck and post your final decision with pics I see the Springfield for $458 delivered for complete kit and the Kahr for $399. Don't think you can go wrong either way.
    Where ?? I went on Galleryofguns.com & the best I've found for the Kahr was $411 & Springfield for $474 although the price for the Kahr is pretty close
    Jesus is Lord !

(Cumberland County)

Where ?? I went on Galleryofguns.com & the best I've found for the Kahr was $411 & Springfield for $474 although the price for the Kahr is pretty close
    Buds. I've always had great service from them, their price includes shipping and no tax. I try to give my local gun guy as much business as I can, and buy all my ammo from him, but on many guns, you just can't beat Buds prices! Great thing is they have free layaway too if you want to spread it out over 90 days - no fees and you get the cash discount price. I keep a gun on layaway every 90 days - lol. Good luck !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Buds. I've always had great service from them, their price includes shipping and no tax. I try to give my local gun guy as much business as I can, and buy all my ammo from him, but on many guns, you just can't beat Buds prices! Great thing is they have free layaway too if you want to spread it out over 90 days - no fees and you get the cash discount price. I keep a gun on layaway every 90 days - lol. Good luck !
    Great thanks.I'll check them out
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast