Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Open Carry in Hanover

My wife and I will be moving back into the area at the end of Aug. We are here on Ft Gordon in Ga right now. Here in Ga I have been to a few open carry get togethers at Starbucks. I was wondering how everybody thought about having one at the South Hanover Starbucks. What do you think????

(York County)

Default Re: Open Carry in Hanover

Wow 60+ people have looked at the post and nobody has replied to it. So I guess there is nobody want's to show suport for our rights... Here in Ga it's almost every weekend that I would hangout with the E-7's and E-8's carrying our M-4's and our Sig's. But I guess since Hanover is not a Military Town people don't have the bond.... Just saying

I'm not even in the Military, My wife is...

........A right not used is a right lost........

(York County)

Butt-hurt, party of one, your table is ready.

I dunno, maybe the folks down in lovely Georgia need an excuse to exercise their rights? There are plenty of people in PA that do this every day, just not as a group, so its no big deal. ...like in Georgia!

Get your self-righteous ass up here the week before and you can join us at the BBQ we have planned about 30 minutes east of Hanover on the 6th.

Worst case scenario, if no one in Hanover is willing to come out of their unabomber hovels for a cuppa, I guess I can slog my way over to your Starbucks on the 13th.

You may want to watch the caffeine and chillax a little, PA has no shortage of patriots I assure you. While you Georgia boys are trying to decide how much cream to add to your lattes, we're busy at the state Capitol getting laws changed! PA has the highest percentage of NRA members per capita of any state in the country.

So relax, you're among friends, and we promise we'll be gentle, despite the fact that you're a damn foreigner.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

I did not mean to get out of line... Sorry.... I have lived in Pa most of my life....My wife is in the Army so we have been moving here there and everywere, but Pa is still HOME..... Would love to goto the BBQ but cant leave here till Aug 12... Guess I will just go to the next one.... And I goto Starbucks all the time, I just wish they did not close North Hanover's store. That was the better one....

(York County)

I never thought you were out of line at all, I just figured you were trying to goad a reaction out of someone... so I gave you one!

Read my response above in the spirit of a good-natured ribbing. As far as the quality of your Starbucks, there are plenty of nice places for OCers to meet between York and Hanover, and I'm sure we can figure something out soon enough. If we can make a regular thing out of it I'm down for that as well. York County has the highest number of PAFOA users in the south-central region so we really should have no issues making something successful.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; July 20th, 2011 at 05:19 PM.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

For some reason I don't like Hanover. Then this last week the YDR has been having articles about race relations problems back in 1991. Hmm maybe that is why I don't like Hanover? Or maybe it is that weird stop light thing in the square, or that weird left turn from McSherrystown. Or I hate crowded streets LOL. It's hard to get me from my unibomber hovel.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

Take side streets to get around hanover, I always have and I can get from one side to the other in about 15 min in rush hour traffic. I dont like York but I still go sometimes, there is no good way around that city that I have found.

(York County)

This is the first I heard of the Glenn Rock bbq. I will look for the thread. Starbucks I don't like. I'm not a coffee shop kinda guy. Just drink coffee to get me going. Once my 247lbs butt is moving I'm good to go.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    For some reason I don't like Hanover. Then this last week the YDR has been having articles about race relations problems back in 1991. Hmm maybe that is why I don't like Hanover? Or maybe it is that weird stop light thing in the square, or that weird left turn from McSherrystown. Or I hate crowded streets LOL. It's hard to get me from my unibomber hovel.
    I admit it, I lol'ed. BTW you guys ever see me in Hanover feel free to wave a hand at me, I'm kinda not hard to miss 6ft2in dude on a loud as hell Harley wearing a red/white bandana over their face and with no bucket.
    Last edited by Binary Encryption; July 21st, 2011 at 01:39 AM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by algoesfast View Post
    This is the first I heard of the Glenn Rock bbq. I will look for the thread. Starbucks I don't like. I'm not a coffee shop kinda guy. Just drink coffee to get me going. Once my 247lbs butt is moving I'm good to go.
    York County OC BBQ... http://forum.pafoa.org/general-114/1...ml#post1666203

Quote Originally Posted by Binary Encryption View Post
    I admit it, I lol'ed. BTW you guys ever see me in Hanover feel free to wave a hand at me, I'm kinda not hard to miss 6ft2in dude on a loud as hell Harley wearing a red/white bandana over their face and with no bucket.

In my experience, you just described 1/2 of Pennsylvania.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast