Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Mathodone Clinic Trying to Open in Philly - They Didn't Expect This to Happen

North of Locks gun store, a methadone clinic for junkies is trying to open in Holmesburg.

Most of these blockbusting realtor scum expect people to git skeered and run out of their homes like little sissies and take losses.

It is so refreshing to see people getting up in arms and fighting this crap. Methadone is a legal drug paid for with YOUR tax money that just keeps junkies satiated for a day, and it doesn't stop their crime-starting behavior.

Yours truly and several others in my old neighborhood brought out the media. If you live in Northeast Philadelphia, please come to the meeting at Lincoln High School next Tuesday at 6PM.

The protest was only planned just a couple days in advance and the turnout was amazing.

I am helping my old neighborhood fight this bullshit. I don't care if the junkies move into the suburbs where there's other blockbusting realtors trying to destroy Lower Bucks County. I am sick of seeing Philadelphia denigrated like this and I for one will keep egging every issue until these problems are foisted on the suburban counties who have been shooting the middle finger at us for decades.

Guess what... parts of the ghetto in Kensington are getting Italian-designed $200K homes. Those junkies that used to live there are headed YOUR WAY. Keep running for the hills.

If we can't clean up this city's problems, then perhaps we'll just sweep them out to other counties who haven't had to deal with it until now. Delaware County is frightened as hell at how fast the eastern half of it is goin' down.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=8259511

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...125845583.html

Default Re: Mathodone Clinic Trying to Open in Philly - They Didn't Expect This to Happen

nice work . the patients of these clinics are about the closet thing to actual zombies. in fact my honey even refers to them as such now. girard av from suskie to broad is a veritable hoard of the walking dead.

one can get a good deal on a transpass though.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Lawrence County)

Angry Re: Mathodone Clinic Trying to Open in Philly - They Didn't Expect This to Happen

Not too sound like a dick, BUT, you my friend are sadly misinformed. Not everyone who goes to the methadone clinic are junkies. A LOT of people go their because of doctors prescribing opiates for long term pain relief. You see 3 weeks of a prescribed painkiller, such as percocet and drugs higher on the list is all it takes to be addicted. So don't label all methadone users as junkies. I'm not saying all of them are this way, but still you should get an education of something before you go ranting and raving about it. I was back in the early 90's addicted to oxycontin which was prescribed for chronic back pain. I had a hell of a time getting off them, but I did to obtain my class A license. I thought about methadone maintenance but chose to do it another way. But I do not consider myself a junkie. That's why i'm kind of offended. Methadone is a way out for a lot of people who are serious about getting off of opiates. It will reduce crime in the long run. Besides are smokers junkies? people who like to drink? people addicted to soda(pop),coffee. I don't think so but that's just my lowly opinion. which really doesn't mean shit to anyone. So maybe read a little before you just jump on the bandwagon. Be a leader not a follower...........................
    I't ain't braggin if you can do it !

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Mathodone Clinic Trying to Open in Philly - They Didn't Expect This to Happen

Quote Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
    Not too sound like a dick, BUT, you my friend are sadly misinformed. Not everyone who goes to the methadone clinic are junkies. A LOT of people go their because of doctors prescribing opiates for long term pain relief. You see 3 weeks of a prescribed painkiller, such as percocet and drugs higher on the list is all it takes to be addicted. So don't label all methadone users as junkies. I'm not saying all of them are this way, but still you should get an education of something before you go ranting and raving about it. I was back in the early 90's addicted to oxycontin which was prescribed for chronic back pain. I had a hell of a time getting off them, but I did to obtain my class A license. I thought about methadone maintenance but chose to do it another way. But I do not consider myself a junkie. That's why i'm kind of offended. Methadone is a way out for a lot of people who are serious about getting off of opiates. It will reduce crime in the long run. Besides are smokers junkies? people who like to drink? people addicted to soda(pop),coffee. I don't think so but that's just my lowly opinion. which really doesn't mean shit to anyone. So maybe read a little before you just jump on the bandwagon. Be a leader not a follower...........................

I'm informed enough. I used to live 1 block away from a methadone treatment clinic in Center City, 1 block from City Hall, that had a City contract in conjunction with Philadelphia Family Court. The "methadone mommies" of course come out bright and early at 7:30 when this clinic opens and while they are waiting for the doors to unlock like a Blue Light Special at K-Mart to happen, they block the sidewalk, chain smoke Newports and half of them have baby strollers.

None of these women could be expected to hold down jobs that require regular working hours, but when it comes to heroin and opiate withdrawls... boy can they get up at the crack of dawn!

The ones who are the most depressing to observe are the girls who have one in the oven WHILE they're pushing their 1-2 year old infant in a baby stroller. This particular clinic was relocated because rents on this block in Center City shot up and the owner of the tower wanted to convert this high rise building into residential. IMMEDIATELY the asking prices on all the properties surrounding this block TRIPLED IN THE MIDDLE OF A RECESSION.

In case you did not read the article, here is what is located within a 1 minute walk of the proposed clinic at 7900 Frankford Avenue:

- An elementary school serving 200 neighborhood children
    - 5 churches, 1 of which faces the clinic
    - Over 500 residential homes in an area that is very dense original rowhome construction, almost all 3 bedroom 1-2 bath residences filled to the brim with families.
    - Guppies Daycare, a 7,000sqft facility immediately across the street facing the front door
    - Two other daycares on the next block over

I wish I could say more about the realtor involved in this commercial lease, but let's just say Mayfair, Tacony, Wissinoming and now Holmesburg have been under attack by numerous BLOCKBUSTING realtors who have been circling around these neighborhoods like sharks trying to scare people to selling their homes at a loss.

These realtors will be defeated. I have special hatred towards the realtor that ruined my block in Mayfair. I have the utmost confidence that he will screw up a property transfer good enough that he will go down.

He has already made an investor upset because her property now contains a squatter that was her former renter, and now she is stuck trying to get this squatter evicted... a second time. The realtor who promised her property management services explained to her that he does credit check screening for prospective tenants. If she has that promise written down on paper anywhere, I told this property owner to lawyer up and go after him.

This same squatter invites her boyfriends over, who change every 3-6 months, who deal on her front steps. The house is DESTROYED on the inside. She has custody of 2 toddlers in the home as well. I don't know if she is a "junkie", but her boyfriends, when they aren't sitting in a jail cell in CFCF, are drug dealers who mostly sell oxycontin pills and meth. They tried to solicit me to buy until I gave them an angry glance, told them to fucking die and walked over to my house. Before then they did not know I lived across the street.

I have already alerted the civics in the area of which specific realtors that I know about who are trying to set up a blockbusting gravy train. These guys will be booted out of the neighborhood and go join their friends up in Lower Bucks who are trying to bring down Bensalem.

I am not against methadone treatment facilities, but their locations are sensitive. The Frankford section of Philadelphia has room for many more clinics and it has way better public transit connections than Holmesburg does. I seriously question the citing of this location not because of the clinic or their lawyer who refuses to return my phone calls... but the realtor who set up this commercial lease.
    Last edited by ArcticSplash; July 20th, 2011 at 12:40 AM.

(Lawrence County)

No disrespect intended but maybe since philly is a much bigger city its different. But what I posted is from my experiences where we aren't such a large city.
    I't ain't braggin if you can do it !

You want to see this methadone clinic in the suburbs instead of the city? This not in my back yard mentality really pisses me off. Philly is where the junkies are turning into junkies. You want to throw your problems on us? Fix your public school system. Eliminate the city wage tax so companies might consider doing business there again. Bust up the unions so companies can actually afford to build there. Why the hell should the suburban communities pay for Philly's mistakes?
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

(Philadelphia County)

The realtor involved in this drama says he was lied to by the clinic.

Honestly, for the life of me... I will never believe that story. And WHY he can't terminate the lease because the client misrepresented the intention of using the property I do not have a clue.

This realtor will be uprooting and moving his office out of the area. He is persona-non-grata in an area that this realty business has served for decades.

The realtor is trying to dump this turd in the middle of a very tight knit family community that has weathered the decline of Philadelphia and survived intact, then he wants to leave? Why is that... is he afraid of the crime?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chuck View Post
    You want to see this methadone clinic in the suburbs instead of the city? This not in my back yard mentality really pisses me off. Philly is where the junkies are turning into junkies. You want to throw your problems on us? Fix your public school system. Eliminate the city wage tax so companies might consider doing business there again. Bust up the unions so companies can actually afford to build there. Why the hell should the suburban communities pay for Philly's mistakes?
    As a Republican in a Democrat city, I'm not the kind of Republican you see out in the counties that have the covered bridges.

For one thing, we pay for a state court system that every other county in Pennsylvania gets subsidies for to operate from Harrisburg. Philadelphia is the only county that does not get this break.

Another thing, I am tired of listening to Harrisburg politicians on both sides of the aisle trash the city. Now that our problems are decreasing near Center City it is foisting them on to suburbanites who have been shooting the middle finger at us since the 1970s.

I'm sorry you have loads of poor people flooding into houses that suddenly cost less than a new car less than a couple miles where you live... but that's how I feel.

And you don't need to remind us about our school system. Everyone in Philadelphia knows the public school system is shit---THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA IS RUNNING OUR SCHOOLS. YOU TOOK THEM AWAY FROM US IN 2001, REMEMBER????

See that School Reform Commission the state installed? Yeah... how is that working out? Arlene Ackerman has such a bloated salary and the City of Philadelphia cannot do anything because the schools are state controlled. And NOBODY IN HARRISBURG WILL LISTEN TO US AND FIRE THAT IDIOTIC WOMAN, EVEN THE PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRATS WANT HER GONE... AND THERE SHE SITS STILL COLLECTING HER BONUS CHECKS.

So the young college grads who keep moving into the city and are rebuilding properties near the downtown core are making my neighborhood nice, and for one single family rehabbed house, that usually means about 2 to 3 junkies are gonna be looking at moving to Bensalem, Upper Darby and Pennsauken.

I can already see the creep getting closer to Prospect Park and Ridley Park in Delco, and Glenolden is gonna be destroyed I bet within the next 5 years.

ALL THESE SUBURBAN COUNTIES WILL BE BEGGING THE STATE FOR HELP AND MONEY TO CONTAIN THIS PROBLEM AS WE PUSH IT OUT OF THE CITY... SO BE HAPPY AND DEAL WITH IT OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD MOVE BACK INTO PHILLY TO AVOID THE TSUNAMI OF CRAP HEADED YOUR WAY.
    Last edited by ArcticSplash; July 20th, 2011 at 12:53 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

And the vitriol with "ya you keep voting Democrat"

There is this thing called the Law of Large Numbers. The only way to beat this system is to replace the Democrat voters here with people who have their head screwed on right.

And to do that, we need NEW people moving into Philadelphia who are not connected or know anything about the political machine run by Bob Brady. The last Democrat primary here in the city proved that there are cracks in the machine... 2 favorites lost their jobs because of voter demographic changes.

This City has been under the thumb of an incompetent Democrat-operated machine, the money in the bank accounts are running low and a lot of people in the City's machine hate each other. The ship is sinking and GOOD REALTORS are moving in people from out of state and gentrifying neighborhoods and filling them back up with people who do not play Ward politics or come from areas where ward politics rules (it's just Philadelphia and Chicago that have real political machines anymore).

If you want Philadelphia to change, as they say... if you can't beat 'em, then join 'em.

I am not moving out of this city because that is being a little chicken shit and selling out. That's what half a million people have already done and that has not fixed one single problem. Staying and adding new people and changing minds where you live is what will change this city for the better.

I've fought this argument with suburbanites and ex-City turncoats for years. Good luck hiding in your rancher hoping the world won't come to your door. Well, as we slowly improve our gentrifying areas, those people are gonna move somewhere, and I would rather have them move outside Philadelphia where Harrisburg is more likely to divert cash because upset suburbanites will be screaming bloody murder at the blight, the decline and the problems.

When we get enough gentrifyiers moved into Philadelphia, THEN we can get enough political muscle to get rid of the Wage Tax.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    I am not moving out of this city because that is being a little chicken shit and selling out. That's what half a million people have already done and that has not fixed one single problem.
    It fixed the problem for that half a million people.
    I'll vote for Romney when he promises not to run in 2016.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast