Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Mathodone Clinic Trying to Open in Philly - They Didn't Expect This to Happen

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    North of Locks gun store, a methadone clinic for junkies is trying to open in Holmesburg.

Most of these blockbusting realtor scum expect people to git skeered and run out of their homes like little sissies and take losses.

It is so refreshing to see people getting up in arms and fighting this crap. Methadone is a legal drug paid for with YOUR tax money that just keeps junkies satiated for a day, and it doesn't stop their crime-starting behavior.

Yours truly and several others in my old neighborhood brought out the media. If you live in Northeast Philadelphia, please come to the meeting at Lincoln High School next Tuesday at 6PM.

The protest was only planned just a couple days in advance and the turnout was amazing.

I am helping my old neighborhood fight this bullshit. I don't care if the junkies move into the suburbs where there's other blockbusting realtors trying to destroy Lower Bucks County. I am sick of seeing Philadelphia denigrated like this and I for one will keep egging every issue until these problems are foisted on the suburban counties who have been shooting the middle finger at us for decades.

Guess what... parts of the ghetto in Kensington are getting Italian-designed $200K homes. Those junkies that used to live there are headed YOUR WAY. Keep running for the hills.

If we can't clean up this city's problems, then perhaps we'll just sweep them out to other counties who haven't had to deal with it until now. Delaware County is frightened as hell at how fast the eastern half of it is goin' down.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=8259511

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...125845583.html

WOW.

you obviously have zero concept of how methadone clinics are run and their incredible benefits to society. this sounds like the same kind of alarmist crap that shut down needle exchanges in NYC and caused the AIDS rate to spike.

let me try to explain:

FACT: criminalization/prohibition does not work. period.

FACT: people use heroin

FACT: heroin is incredibly addictive

FACT: some people who are addicted to herion want to change

FACT: methadone treatment can cure heroin addiction when properly administered

QUESTION: why would you rather have a bunch of heroin addicts (which there already are) than a bunch of people getting treated to kick their addiction?

Im assuming that you think that a methadone clinic will cause a mass influx of heroin users to the area. it wont. it never has. it never will.

as if a herion user is going to say "hey hunny, i think we should consider looking at properties over in ____ because i hear they have a nice methadone clinic there"

its a generalization, but most herion users dont have the capacity to relocate for treatment. the people that are going to use the clinic are people that already live in the area, and its a lot better that they get treatment than stay addicted and rack up medical bills (your tax money) or get thrown in jail (also your tax money)

so while you may think it sounds bad to have a methadone clinic in your area, its probably actually a good thing. otherwise its like saying you dont want a driver's ED location in your area because you dont want a bunch of people around that cant drive. they are already there, and they are trying to get better. let them.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Mathodone Clinic Trying to Open in Philly - They Didn't Expect This to Happen

Reading ArcticSplash's posts is like listening to Alex Jones on the radio.

A whole bunch of loud noise, held together by uneducated opinions, and driven by fear.

Oh, and don't forget your bold letters and caps. He who writes with the boldest, biggest, most italic font, is obviously correct.

Im sorry ArcticSplash, but you are a jerk-off. Its people with your mindset, who think that punishment (jail) is a better solution than treatment for addicts, that cause all this drug-war drama in our society.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Northampton County)

I wish I could follow this thread, but for the life of me I can't understand what's going on.

I get that ArcticSplash lives in a neighborhood where a realtor is attempting to lease space to a methadone clinic.

I get that there's a school, some churches and a daycare around it.

What I don't understand is why he would hate the idea of addicts getting treatment. I'm not a big supporter of methadone (it's trading one addiction for another, and methadone is petty gnarly in and of itself) but it's better than street heroin, which as an aside here, is cheap as hell now because of the relative lawlessness of Afghanistan.

So essentially he has a "not in my back yard" mentality, and wants the clinic to go back to the neighborhoods that deserve the addicts? That makes no sense.

Also, I'm completely befuddled with what the suburbs of Philadelphia have to do with this AT ALL. Because they've been giving Philly "the middle finger" for 40 years (whatever the hell that means or entails) busloads of opiate addicts should be shipped to new clinics on the suburbs to "see how they like it"?

(Lackawanna County)

Is it too much to ask that people who start topics at least check the spelling in the title? it's "methadone", not "mathadone".

(Lebanon County)

<sarcasm>I'd just like to think you for pointing out that every place outside of Philadelphia is full of yuppie scum who fled Philadelphia and like to give it the finger. Further I'd like to thank you for recognizing that no place outside of Philadelphia had or has a drug problem unless Philly exports it's drug problem to the suburbs and rural areas. I'd like to think you for recognizing that we out here all live in expensive ranchers.</sarcasm>

Seriously, drugs are everywhere. Every community has these problems. If you don't want a methadone clinic in your neighborhood I understand but lay off of everyone else. They don't want it in theirs either. If they fled Philly it was because when you see the ship going down getting in a lifeboat and rowing away is pretty natural response. Btu a lot of us are nto from Philly, and never lived there.

What you are advocating is no different than Harrisburg trying to solve it's financial issues by robbing the surrounding communtities. Big cities need to fix their own shit, and leave other communities alone.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Lancaster County)

I think the funniest statement made in this thread so far is that methodone is subsidized. LMAO.

Every methodone clinic in the US is a private FOR PROFIT medical group inelligeable for subsidies.
    People on methodone maintenance pretty much have to have full time jobs to pay for their treatment (no insurance will cover methodone maintenance), and upwards of 95% of them do.

Heroin addicts on methodone are not on methodone because they want to continue living as junkies.
    They are making a decision to STOP living as junkies.
    And for showing a desire to get right you call them scum.
    Your intolerence and ignorance do nothing to help the drug problem or the loss of liberty people like you advocate to "deal" with the drug problem.

Drug addiction is a medical issue, not a criminal one.
    The additude that addiction can be addressed as a criminal issue is to blame for much of our loss of liberty in my lifetime.
    Ironically it is also the reason why so few hardcore addicts ever recover from their addiction.

FWIW...
    My ex wife was on methodone for 2 years while recieving treatment for a long time addiction to opiates.
    While she was on methodone she was a full time paralegal and the mother of my son.
    A productive member of society, in short.
    Last edited by oblivionboyj; July 20th, 2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: spelling

(Montgomery County)

Methodone is much more expensive than heroin.

Methodone treatment is not covered under any Health Care/Insurance I am aware of.

Methodone treatment is not free for anyone or paid for by taxpayers in any way as far as I am aware.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Chuck View Post
    You want to see this methadone clinic in the suburbs instead of the city? This not in my back yard mentality really pisses me off.
    Me too, that's why it should be in the suburbs.

Philly is where the junkies are turning into junkies.
    Wrong...mommy and daddie's suburban medicine cabinet is where junkes are turning into junkies more often than not these days.

You want to throw your problems on us? Fix your public school system. Eliminate the city wage tax so companies might consider doing business there again. Bust up the unions so companies can actually afford to build there. Why the hell should the suburban communities pay for Philly's mistakes?
    Why the hell should Philly treat suburbanite's drug addictions? Where's the suburban methadone clinic?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    I'm informed enough. I used to live 1 block away from a methadone treatment clinic in Center City, 1 block from City Hall, that had a City contract in conjunction with Philadelphia Family Court. The "methadone mommies" of course come out bright and early at 7:30 when this clinic opens and while they are waiting for the doors to unlock like a Blue Light Special at K-Mart to happen, they block the sidewalk, chain smoke Newports and half of them have baby strollers.

None of these women could be expected to hold down jobs that require regular working hours, but when it comes to heroin and opiate withdrawls... boy can they get up at the crack of dawn!
    I used to walk to work in CC and I would walk pass this ^^ treatment clinic in the morning as well.

Man, they would be lined up to get in the place.

Laying all over the sidewalk, obviously using their clothing as a bathroom, not bathing for days on end, vomiting, fighting, constantly screaming at the top of their lungs, doing drugs literally right out in the open on the sidewalk ... and that was the women!!!

And no, I am not exaggerating in the least little bit.

Usually the guys just kept to themselves. Those women were rowdy, man.

It would always make me laugh when the women would come to fisticuffs over calling 'dibs' on the citizens walking to work; trying to pan-handle them.

The women would usually start their daily fighting over something about a cigarette.

Of course, some of these women would have their children with them in tow.

The kids were just as ill-kept as the mothers.

Mind you, this is going on at 6:30-7 am.

It made me physically sick to see this quite a few times... and I was not shy to inform them about it.

After seeing what I saw at that CC Clinic, I defy any poster on this board to willingly and openly invite this onto their street ... their neighborhood ... their life.

Call me an ignoramus all you want.

I dont really give a crap.

I wouldn't want that in my back yard either.

No Way, No How.

Go to a Hospital.
    Go to a Doctor's Office.
    Go to a Governmental Building.

There are other location options for these clinics.

Just for conversation's sake ...

The PPD are usually parked pretty close to this CC clinic.

The PPD knows what goes on there.

The PPD sees the shenanigans.

Do you think they would do something about it?

Maybe putting it on the news would motivate them.

Local Expose` Video

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Is it too much to ask that people who start topics at least check the spelling in the title? it's "methadone", not "mathadone".
    I thought this thread was about math as well ... silly me.

(York County)

<<< ex methadone clinic patient.......jus sayin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast