Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: "How an Imaginary Gun Saved My Life "

Quote Originally Posted by PaBimmerGuy View Post
    it is far worse to beat up a person because you dont like him than to beat him up because you want his money. how about just one law that says that you arent allowed to beat on other people?
    Didn't we try that, like ... oh, a hundred or two hundred years ago? I suspect there might even be laws like that still on the books if you look hard enough.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by new_shooter View Post
    So what, exactly, do you have against cheeseburgers? What have they ever done to you? Do they seem like an unnatural combination? Why? Cheese comes from milk, milk comes from cows, burgers are beef that also comes from cows. What's the big deal?
    Mixing Meat and Dairy, makes it not Kosher.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by new_shooter View Post
    So what, exactly, do you have against cheeseburgers? What have they ever done to you? Do they seem like an unnatural combination? Why? Cheese comes from milk, milk comes from cows, burgers are beef that also comes from cows. What's the big deal?
    Sure, that's what they WANT you to think.

It's all about freedom, man. All those cops and soldiers and politicians who oppress the working man, they mostly eat cheeseburgers. Coincidence? I think not. McDonald's, that huge capitalist oppressor? All about the cheeseburgers. Read the Federalist Papers, "Unintended Consequences", and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and you'll understand The Truth About The Cheeseburgers.

Actually, I like cheeseburgers. Extra pickles, no onions, please.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(York County)

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Wait, how would this group see him on his bike rideing at them, and they suddenly go into homohate mode? Something does not add up.
    I think GunLawyer001 is spot on in response to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Ann Coulter linked to this Op Ed;
    I'm not sure that this was a gay-bashing incident, groups of urban thugs seem to be equal-opportunity predators who will beat the crap out of men and women, gays and straights, blacks and whites, anyone who seems vulnerable; and "faggot" is just another meaningless insult to them. But whatever the motive, it's clear what stopped the attack:

http://advocate.com/Politics/Comment...Saved_My_Life/
    They were likely attacking him because they could (or though they could) not because of his sexual orientation, and as GunLawyer001 said, the derogatory terms used were simply an insult.

Lifetime NRA, SAF, and GOA Member | PAFOA, FOAC, and MSI Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by armatum View Post
    I think GunLawyer001 is spot on in response to your question.

They were likely attacking him because they could (or though they could) not because of his sexual orientation, and as GunLawyer001 said, the derogatory terms used were simply an insult.
    My observation has been that people who get riled up over something will use whatever slur seems appropriate under the circumstances, and it usually says nothing about the real cause.

If someone cuts you off in traffic, you may look over and say "watch it you fat cow!", based on a quick appraisal of the driver's shipping weight. An older driver might get "you senile old fart". Asians, effeminate men, butch women, blacks, whatever you can see will give form to the rage caused by the original incident.

That's one reason that I distrust "hate crime" statutes. If I get into a scuffle with someone of Irish descent, over a parking space or them spitting on my shoes or whatever silly provocation one perceives, and in the course of the trading of insults I call them a "Mick" or "Paddy" (I go way back and favor the traditional invective), has our argument been transmuted into a "hate crime", or am I just being demographic-appropriate?

It's almost a courtesy to shape your insults to the person in front of you. It's even stupid to do otherwise; you look inane if you argue with a petite 20-year old Vietnamese woman and say "you fat old spic".

It might even be tactically useful, if you think about it. Being attacked by a black male, and you scream "you albino lesbian!" and then run away while he scratches his head and consults his pocket "Compleat Guide to Slurs"

Most people opposed to Obama base their disapproval on his actions and beliefs, not his race (although an awful lot of his supporters explicitly base their support on his race, which is troubling.)

If Obama cut taxes, promoted capitalism, repealed the 1934 NFA and the 1986 MG ban, fired 10% of the Federal workforce, cracked down on Al Qaida, and replaced the TSA with members of the Swedish Bikini Team, then I for one would welcome our new chocolate-colored master. He'd replace Milky Way bars as my favorite brown thing ever. But he won't, and the color of his skin is irrelevant.

And I suspect that the presumed pink tassels and rainbow decals were only a minor factor in the author's incident. They hit him because it looked like a moment of fun and they thought (correctly) that they could get away with it, because the odds of being caught and prosecuted and convicted and doing time for that in DC were effectively zero, but the chances of being shot by their victim were substantial. And THAT is the real point.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Pike County)

What, no Snickers?????????????

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345