Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: "How an Imaginary Gun Saved My Life "

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    the obvious hatred of "others" who have different views
    t's like being in a DNC fundraiser.
    Was that supposed to be an example?

I've often found it ironic and funny that people of a certain whatever make a point to be ok with a group of people from another whatever and use that loose friendship as a way to gain public favor of themselves.

For Example: I have a gay friend so I'm not anti-gay. I have a black friend so I'm not racist. I hunt so therefore I am Pro 2A.

Trying to justify your feelings by using something else as the proxy or vehicle is, in my opinion, stupid.

Be Real. Be Straight. Be Honest. and Don't be AFRAID!!!

I like people. I like all kinds of people and I don't give a damn what their personal activities are, color of their skin, ethnic background, cultural background. They are either decent, hard working people who are just trying to make it like the rest of us or they ain't and I want nothing to do with them. The fact they are gay, lesbian, green, purple, black, yellow, gold, brown and are from where ever, doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me.

What matters to me are some very basic principles.

Are they good, honest, hard working just trying to live a good life?

Non-criminal, works and pays taxes, respects neighbors, participates in social, political, and or secular events that benefit our entire whole society?

Are they good Citizens?

If people are good Citizens, work, pay taxes, try to achieve their own personal heaven here on earth and don't do it by hurting others, then by God, they are friends with me. Yes, we might have different ideas on certain social, political, religious ideas but so what, how are we to learn, expand our own minds if we don't seek out, meet, and interact with folks who have a slightly different outlook on life.

So to me, Gay means nothing. Black means nothing. Minority or special groups means nothing to me. I just want to know, are you a good citizen? Cause in the end, thats all that really matters!
    CL

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    I've often found it ironic and funny that people of a certain whatever make a point to be ok with a group of people from another whatever and use that loose friendship as a way to gain public favor of themselves.
    . . . .
    Sometimes that's true, when people go out of their way to have a token black friend, or they seek out a Muslim to be friendly with.

On the other hand, if I was accused of despising cheeseburgers, what would be the most logical refutation of that claim? "No, I eat cheeseburgers all the time. I had one yesterday, and 3 last week." It's common sense, at least one-way, because although not eating cheeseburgers is not proof that I hate them, eating them is fairly convincing evidence that I don't despise them.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    So to me, Gay means nothing. Black means nothing. Minority or special groups means nothing to me. I just want to know, are you a good citizen? Cause in the end, thats all that really matters!
    CL
    The problem is that BIG GOVERNMENT gets into every crevice of our lives.... it's not content to stay within the bounds outlined by the Constitution...

It wants to mandate what you eat, what you wear, where you walk, what you drive, what you think, what you say, what you believe, what you do with your private property, what you read, what you hear, what you see, what occupation is acceptable, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., ad infinitum !!!

BIG GOVERNMENT forces everyone to be concerned about everything everybody else does, says, thinks, believes, etc. because BIG GOVERNMENT picks between those things and takes everyone's money to support what it deems good and to supress what it deems bad....

And when they get into every crevice of our lives, there's no place left for FREEDOM.... It's FREEDOM and TRUST that allows an open society (as envisioned by the Founders) to have co-existing opposites - it allows many, many kinds of OFFENDING BEHAVIOR...

IT IS BETTER TO BE OFFENDED AND FREE
    THAN TO HAVE BIG GOVERNMENT MANDATE
    YOUR FAVORITE CHOICES....

Historically, this is a lesson that is always learned too late - after the BIG GOVERNMENT has taken over too much of life to be put back in it's place....

This is the best justification for SMALL GOVERNMENT!!!

Last edited by ImminentDanger; July 19th, 2011 at 02:15 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    QFT:

None of them said, “There’s a law against antigay hate crimes!” That wasn’t the deterrent. It was the possibility that I might have had a gun that saved my life Friday night.
    Sounds like he should look into membership in the Pink Pistols.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Waldershrek View Post
    I actually laughed out loud
    Same here... But I still fail to see how the "8 black men" knew he was gay...
    He must have been on the rainbow bike! Other than that... There is no real way to tell just by looking at someone.

There is a comment on the site that sums up what I think of the article though....

"Name: John
    Date posted: 7/19/2011 9:09:07 AM
    Hometown: Sitges

Comment:
    The number one issue here is that this article should never have been published on the Advocate. The Advocate is a GAY RIGHTS website - not a forum for people to espouse their anti or pro gay agenda. It was absurd and irresponsible for the editors to allow this peace on the Advocate. On a side notes - by specifically describing his assailants as black, this wrong wing nut lost all credibility. Shame on the Advocate for this article in every possible way."

And too bad the residents of DC can't arm themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    ..I was accused of despising cheeseburgers, what would be the most logical refutation of that claim? "No, I eat cheeseburgers all the time. I had one yesterday, and 3 last week." It's common sense, at least one-way, because although not eating cheeseburgers is not proof that I hate them, eating them is fairly convincing evidence that I don't despise them.
    So what, exactly, do you have against cheeseburgers? What have they ever done to you? Do they seem like an unnatural combination? Why? Cheese comes from milk, milk comes from cows, burgers are beef that also comes from cows. What's the big deal?

(Lackawanna County)

Sexual orientation is a straw man in this thread.

What sucks is that, in our nation's capitol, a citizen of this nation is not 'allowed' to defend himself.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Eckstream1 View Post
    Same here... But I still fail to see how the "8 black men" knew he was gay...
    He must have been on the rainbow bike! Other than that... There is no real way to tell just by looking at someone.
    I think maybe his position as a conservative activist (see here)who happens to be openly gay puts him in the public eye. It isn't the point though, see below.

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post

What sucks is that, in our nation's capitol, a citizen of this nation is not 'allowed' to defend himself.
    Indeed. The crux of the matter. Gay, straight, black, white, pink, blue, it doesn't matter.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post

I have given out too much rep in the last 24 hours. I'll try again later.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast