Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambridge

(Allegheny County)

Default Ambridge

How is Ambridge crime wise? Looking at houses there. In my price range for a single 28 year old male that doesn't want to rent.
    Last edited by Caeser2001; July 19th, 2011 at 06:51 PM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Ambridge

Depends on where you go, I live at the intersection of 11th and Lenz and not to bad here, but I have a few police scanners and other tools...the closer you are to 1st street and route 65 the more crime you deal with

(Beaver County)

I'm just past 24th street. I live in Harmony Twp. Alot nicer at this end if town. We're 2 steps up physically and socially heheh. I'd stay away from any block below 8th or on 14th street itself. The ghetto is at the top of 14th street. Bunch of ultra low income .gubment housing.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Beaver County)

Top of 14th Street is the Villiage or the projects, some areas of maplewood not good, 1st street not good, it all depends....just look at the neighbors and judge from there....

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    I'm just past 24th street. I live in Harmony Twp. Alot nicer at this end if town. We're 2 steps up physically and socially heheh. I'd stay away from any block below 8th or on 14th street itself. The ghetto is at the top of 14th street. Bunch of ultra low income .gubment housing.
    I grew up on Mayfield Ave. I wish I could afford to move back into Harmony Township

(Allegheny County)

Definitely tryin to stay away from the gubmint housing areas. If I was gonna do that I'd just buy around here.

(Beaver County)

Ambridge isn't so bad. I'm not in Ambridge though, just up the street in Baden. Everyone's already mentioned the bad parts, but the bad parts of Ambridge don't really compare to the bad parts of Pittsburgh.

(Beaver County)

Yeah compared to the city Ambridge is nothing. I have been here for 7 years and really have no major issues. As everyone else said 14th St (I'm close to it...didn't know this before we moved here) is bad.

For a single guy you should be fine. Now if you have kid's I would not recommend it. The School system is horrible and a good amount of the parents in Ambridge just don't parent.

Another thing to consider are Taxes, they just built this nice huge school and taxes are going up yet again. The taxes here are horrible as it is.

Ambridge is getting a Bottom Dollar Foods this year also.....talk of the town!

We plan on moving in a few years before the kid's hit high school, plus we need more land and privacy.

(Butler County)

Didn't realize how many were from the area.. I live in Baden,, and agree on the above about Ambridge. I've been in several homes in Ambridge (EMT) and in just about every neighborhood.. surprising sometimes what you'll find, then again, maybe not.
    H&K USP Compact 9mm//SA XD-9//SA XDs 45//S&W 442

(Lawrence County)

I go there a lot, will be there in the church I belong to tomorrow. Met my wife when she lived there, she still works there. I know a whole bunch of great people that live there. I prefer the country life though, I like seeing trees and deer, not buildings. I think you will be ok there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast