Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Beretta U22 NEOS

I am looking to get one of these for plinking. I have done a search and saw a bunch of posts about the NEOS, but nothing recent.

Just wanted to see if anyone had an update as maybe more recent versions had some of the kinks worked out.

Thanks.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Berks County)

Default Re: Beretta U22 NEOS

There was/is a recall out on older models. I haven't heard anything outside of that (My wife has an older model but I have yet to send it in. I hear the wait time is around 6+ weeks).

Aside from the recall, My wife and I have been very happy with the Neos

(Lancaster County)

Extra expense to get them threaded (Ruger 22/45 comes threaded from the factory), but other than that they're nice.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Extra expense to get them threaded (Ruger 22/45 comes threaded from the factory), but other than that they're nice.
    Threaded? For what? Silencer?
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Northampton County)

My wife has had one for several years. It was sent in during the recall, it was repaired and back in two weeks. It's a very accurate pistol. She chose the neos because it has a grip that is a touch smaller than some of the other .22 pistols on the market. It didn't hurt her choice that it was available with a pink grip either. As I said very accurate and relaible. Eats any ammo we have fed it.

Smit

(Bucks County)

Let me add another question. What about barrel length? I'm OK with the 6", but I really want to get my wife into shooting and I'm afraid the size and length are going to scare her. So I have been thinking of the 4.5"

I would like to hear some thoughts on this as well...

(Bucks County)

ended up getting the 4.5 U22 from Clayton's. Black with red grips. Now I just need a red dot and 5000 rounds of .22LR. Can't wait to take it out!