Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default My New Ruger SR9C

Just picked up a Ruger SR9C on Friday, took it to the range saturday for 100 rounds, and so far Im pleased. I notice that the slide is very tight, very very tight. The sights are awesome, of course im used to shooting a Glock, so sticks with some paint would be an improvement.

Overall impression: the gun has all kinds of frills at a great price. It shoots quite well, and functions as it should. The disassembly is a bit of a pain, compared to Glock once again, but I am happy with it.

Will post a better review after more tests.

Enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: My New Ruger SR9C

Congratulations! I have an SR9c as well, and agree the slide is tight x3. Then again, mine's only got a few hundred rounds through it, as I don't shoot it that often. I think it's a great gun, and a great value (typical of Ruger). Enjoy it!
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Blair County)

I went back and forth for a while between the sr9c and xd9sc....In the end I went with the xd because it had no manual safety, and the store had one in stock with the OD frame. Pretty sure I would have been happy either way.

(Dauphin County)

I bought my sr40 in feb. Have about 650 rounds through it. Its a great gun with minimal recoil. Also since the sr40 and sr9 are basically the same gun just chambed different, I would avoid any steel cased ammo. I bought a box of 100 of Tulammo. The problem isn't the actual firing of the round but the feeding of the round through the magazine. Anyway great gun

(Centre County)

I have a SR9c and it shoots great, at 8 yds its POI and POA are the same for 115 gr WWB, 115 gr Hornady FTX and 124 gr Hydra-Shocks. It's now in the rotation as one of my carry guns.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Adams County)

Coming from the factory howmuch adjustment did u have to make to the rear sight.

(Allegheny County)

Congrats on a great purchase

I LOVE my SR9c and my next gun is going to be a SR40c. The slide will loosen up quite a bit after several hundred rounds. Mine has about 2000 rounds through it without a single failure shooting every type of ammo you can think of. The take down is real quick once you get used to it. The pin will loosen up as well and you'll be able to just pop it out with your hand.

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks for the support all.

I am confident the slide will loosen up a bit with more shooting.

The rear sight does seem to be accurate from the factory. I only had it out to an outdoor range so far. But I was able to hit/graze a water bottle from 25 yards 3 of 5 times.

Im very happy with the gun so far.

Thanks again
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."