Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: "Do you carry a gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    ...The Inquirer...
    ...The Inquirer staff and management...
    For accuracy's sake, the PhillyBurbs website I linked above is the website for the Bucks County Courier Times, the Burlington County Times, and The Intelligencer.

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    For accuracy's sake, the PhillyBurbs website I linked above is the website for the Bucks County Courier Times, the Burlington County Times, and The Intelligencer.
    As Emily Litella would say, "nevermind."

I thought the Inquirer had a "Philly Burbs" section. If that's not the Inquirer, then of course they shouldn't be smeared with the abysmal record that the Inquirer has earned. While professional journalists in general are anti-gun-rights, I don't know what the record is of the smaller papers around eastern PA, or that reporter in particular.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

I just want to hear what the reporter has to ask.

Doesn't mean i'll answer.

(Monroe County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    and you can't break down the walls without first swinging a hammer....

do what you want; sit there and let the liberals continue to stereotype the average gun owners and complain about it on a gun forum, or try to convince them as to why their argument is flawed.

Andrew,
    It is pointless to engage in an argument with someone who is so clearly mired in the failings of the past. He added nothing of substance to the topic. He only attempted to disparage your good intentions and youthful vigor with his typical condescension and negativity.

I applaud your attempts to engage others in dialogue and to share links that support your position. As you know, I don't always agree with every position you assert, but I commend you for your effort to put forward your ideas.

You have more posts on this forum than the impertinent one who would attempt to detract from your efforts. You also operate a number of other forum/blogs in an attempt to enlighten others to your deeply held convictions of conscience.

It is interesting that someone who espouses to be so lofty an intellect as the previous poster can offer nothing but pathetic wallowing in such universally accepted failures as Richard Millhouse Nixon. The man has been dead for nearly 20 years! Nixon is still raised as the evil right-wing hate-monger by many, especially on the left of the political spectrum.

If my memory serves me correctly, the previous poster has used the molested boy analogy in other arguments....not sure what he is harboring deep inside but I do know that I don't want to learn anymore about it. Too much information for my tastes.

Keep up the good work, Andrew. Humanity can only hope to grow through free exchange of ideas and information. Those who are petrified by their own failed paradigm can only become fossils and relics of a time that is coming to an end. You can proudly look forward to a day when we may all share in the benefit that came from speaking our truth and how sharing that truth helped to make us all freer.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    Even more specifically, if you look at the link tree, this was from the Burlington County Times section. So it seems to be NJ related in which case, who the heck would be ABLE to legally carry a gun?
    • Home
    • News
    • Local
    • Burlington County Times

Not that I'm (at all ) any kind of paranoid but I wouldn't put it past the SOB to publish a list of names of ppl who responded...

I've also contacted the reporter. As a bucks County resident I'm anxious to see how the paper presents us. I've also invited Mr. Finley to some time at the range.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    I've also contacted the reporter. As a bucks County resident I'm anxious to see how the paper presents us. I've also invited Mr. Finley to some time at the range.
    Since he's not a reporter from the Inquirer, I'd be happy to attend if he accepts. I need the range time, and I may be able to comment on the UFA if any legal errors crop up in conversation. But I won't provide details of my personal security arrangements.

Since he's not a reporter from the Inquirer, I'd be happy to attend if he accepts. I need the range time, and I may be able to comment on the UFA if any legal errors crop up in conversation. But I won't provide details of my personal security arrangements.
    I've left it up to him if he wants one one one or as many people as he'd like. I figure I shouldn't have any trouble coming up with a few dozen takers. It's his call but I accept your offer and will let you know.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Delaware County)

The proof is in the pudding. Let's check back on this and see what the article says. My money is on "these gun nuts are fruitcakes, here's proof."
    it might be and we'll soon find out. do answer me this though: if someone on this forum was spewing out totally false legal information, would you step in and attempt to educate that person or at least lead them to the water, or would you continue to let them give out erroneous information? I think you'll do your best to try to fix the fallacies as much as possible.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    it might be and we'll soon find out. do answer me this though: if someone on this forum was spewing out totally false legal information, would you step in and attempt to educate that person or at least lead them to the water, or would you continue to let them give out erroneous information? I think you'll do your best to try to fix the fallacies as much as possible.
    This forum allows unedited posts from every point of view. The Inquirer (since that was the publication we thought we were discussing) does not, they selectively edit comments, just like every other propaganda organ.

Plenty of celebs have given TV interviews, made excellent points, then seen those points all end up on the cutting room floor. It's even easier in print media, they don't even pretend to reproduce an entire conversation, they create an essay intended to prove their side of the argument.

You're of course correct that we can't win the debate if we don't participate, but my point is that we can't win by playing in their home court. With the Internet, every prophet and crank and average person has a platform, and the truth finds an audience.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast