Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Kydex Holsters

(Montgomery County)

Default Kydex Holsters

Just wanted to throw this out there I haven't made any major plans yet, still in the concept phase but figured before I took another step the best thing would be to get some market feedback. I am looking to begin producing holsters similar to Kaluban and Raven however I noticed some people on other forums were trying to find ones that the back side was flat on. I would produce both types, flat backed and regular similar to the two mentioned previously. Like I said just looking for some market feedback, probably wouldn't take off until later this year. Just trying to find out who would be interested, haven't worked out pricing costs at this moment but I with just a brief look at supplies and equipment I am sure I could keep costs very competitive with other manufacturers. For those that do use these set ups let me know what you like and dislike about them.

Default Re: Kydex Holsters

Meh, if' you're offering yourself up as a target, I'll throw some stuff out there about holster makers.

-Make them for lights as well as naked pistols. Lots of people like having a weaponlight, but holster selection for them is crap. Even the industry standard Glock 17 has only 4 or 5 quality options out there.

-Do something different. Innovate....something. Everyone and their brother right now has a press and toaster oven in their garage making kydex holsters. Some very nice, some not so much, but 90% I would not be able to differentiate the maker by eye.

-Modularity is huge right now. A holster than can swap around mounting options to go from an OWB to an IWB to a crossdraw to a SOB with the turn of a few screws will sell.

-Look past the gun. Knives, flashlights, multitools, pens, keys, magazines, etc etc.

-Take a serious look into water surface printing to set yourself apart from competition. It brings in revenue for doing stocks and cases, but opens up custom options for holsters as well.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Kydex Holsters

A light carrier was definatly what I had in mind as I am a large advocate of having them on your weapon. Also I am working on a design that can go from OWB to IWB to a thigh rig and then also onto a generic MOLLE chest rig. Perhaps I should get a prototype and then see what kind of attention it gets.