Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: S&W 22A

(Monroe County)

Default S&W 22A

Two weeks ago Cabelas has these on sale for $219. I had been looking for another .22 Semi auto as my fience seems to think that she can take over my MkII and not let me use it anymore. Anyway, I snooped the net and heard some good, some bad, but nothing to scare me off, and I figured for the price, why not... Also, it is a S&W, if there's anything wrong, they will fix it.

I am not into measuring groups, or huge detailed range reports. Especially since this is a plinker, through and through to me. Long story short, I got it on paper no problem. The sights are large, but clear and all black which is my preference anyway. The trigger for a gun with a mag disconnect safety is darn good. The gun has not malfunctioned on me yet, and we put well over 500 rounds through it so far. I am sure it won't shoot the same groups as a S&W 41, but it also didn't cost anywhere near as much.

I will say, if you are looking for a cheap plinker, and don't stumble on a good used Mk II, try the 22A. You will be pleasantly suprised.

AJ

(Chester County)

Default Re: S&W 22A

I have a S&W 22A, that my wife has put more than 4000 rounds through, with very few problems. It is a fun little plinker, and it's accurate.

Default Re: S&W 22A

Same here. I've got a 22A and its been trouble free and accurate. God knows what my round count is.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.