Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default gun law question

Hey I'm moving from tampa,fl to south park/bethel park region to live with my dad. I was just wondering what the laws were on gun ownership and concealed/open carry. I have gun racks in my isuzu trooper also. Its not in the window but i installed them below the window. Would i be able to keep a gun or two on the rack? And do i have to re register my guns in pa? And i guess i would like to know details about your castle doctrine. I think ours is as long as its on your property not so much your actual house. Any advice would be awesome. And probably make my dad feel a little better because he's isn't into guns too much but i hope to change that. Thanks y'all... sorry yins lol.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: gun law question

Read everything on this link http://www.pafoa.org/law

All your questions are covered.

In a nut shell, no registration, open carry legal without license (with exceptions), LTCF needed to carry concealed, to carry open or concealed in Philly, to carry loaded in vehicle or to transport at all if not meeting an exception, Castle doctrine is basically if you are in fear of life and aren't commiting a crime, have the right to employ deadly force (until new law takes effect in a few weeks you have a duty to retreat if you can do so safely).

Those are general rules, with some expansion and exceptions needed for the full story, hence the link above. I guarantee, if you have any other questions, they've been asked and answered on here already, look around and stay awhile.