Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Range near Seven Valleys?

Hey guys,

A friend at work was saying there is an outdoor range off of Rte 616 near Seven Valleys. Anyone know anything about it? I haven't been able to find any info online. I'm looking for a range close East York also if anyone has other tips.

Thanks!
    Steve

(York County)

Default Re: Range near Seven Valleys?

i asked around and nobody could tell me where it was either,so i drove around and found it myself one day. from what i remember- from 30 i turned onto 616 and went down the hill and made a right turn on the first or second street i came too. near rr tracks??followed the rd a little way and then turned left(no signs/nothing) onto a gravel/dirt road(had a drainage pipe colvert) and followed it way back,about the time i was thinking this isnt it,i came around a little bend and there it was. a nice little range all to my self. every time i have been there it has been empty. if i get a chance i will ride up there and try to get rd names and better directions for ya.good luck

(York County)

Cool! So it is a free public range? Not a state game lands right? Do you happen to remember what distances they had set up? Thanks!!

Between a rock and a hard place, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

I could be wrong but from the sound of forddave's directions that is the old state gamelands 50 yd range located in the stream valley north of York-new Salem and south of Rt 30. It was supposed to be closed a few years ago because of noise complaints from the houses located along the top of the valley ridge, and the range was always trashed. I just looked on the game commision website for the State game lands # but it was not located on the map. So I don't know what the status is with that particular area. Shoot there at your own risk and don't be surprised if the local 5-0 pay you a visit.

(York County)

Thanks for the info egon. I called the State Game lands and they said the only range in York is the Dillsburg one. So, I guess if that was a prior # range it is closed. Damn shame. Anyone have more info on it?

(York County)

That's close to me too. I'm hoping somebody says it's a range. Next time I drive by, I'm going to look for it.

There's also this place.. http://www.jeffersonrifleclub.com/
    Last edited by tcc722; July 13th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

(York County)

There is also http://jeffersonsportsmen.org/. But there are no game land ranges except Dillsburg that I am aware of. The place you are speaking of is game land but no ranges.
    The day we lose our will to fight is the day we lose our freedom.

(York County)

yea, it has been a couple of yrs since i was there. i hate to hear we lost another outdoor range. public ranges are few and far between,if you find any new ones please post it,always looking for a new place to shoot-thanks

(York County)

That range is closed, it is all grown up and it does not appear like they have plans to reopen it. The game warden was always REALLY tough at that game land anyway

(York County)

A friend of mine lives at the top of the hill from there, said all the drug dealers from York would shoot their automatic weapons there and make too much noise. I remember the game warden there, we had a "discussion" once about only allowing 3 rounds in my magazine at a time. He said the caretakers of the range didn't want to replace the backstops all the time. I pointed out to him that if I have a box of 100 rounds I'm gonna put 100 holes in the backstop regardless if it's 3 at a time or 13 at a time. He told me to leave...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast