Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: AK47 Open Carry: Stopped by the Cops

Where did that happen at?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Well the police car says Houghton, the first city that comes up in Google is Houghton Michigan. I am looking over his youtube channel and can't find anything else that alludes to his location.

(Delaware County)

Agreed im all for supporting our rights , but this guy seems to be butt hurt about not getting his LTCF and is just out to make a point.

Granted I may change my mind with more info, why did he not get his licence? Real reason or just some bullshit. That meens a lot.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by bkayh685 View Post
    This is a text-book case of douchebaggery. Don't call me a pussy for not open carrying because you got your CWP revoked and have no other option.

I have no quarrels with open carry, but this guy is nothing but trouble for the gun rights community. If anything, people who drove by him and saw that "scary machine gun" on his back have nothing but more positive reinforcement for their already naive and misguided stereotype of gun owners.
    I don't think so.

But would it make you feel better if he'd been OC'n a Remington 700 30-06 or a Winchester 94 30-30? The same pussified folks would still have called the law on him had he carried his pistol openly, probably even if he'd been openly carrying a Brown Bess or Pennsylvania rifle. Concealing guns keeps them out of people's view, thus out of sight out of mind. With the concealing of arms people have become such pussies and desensitized to their presence - which is why we have such issues today. Concealment of any arm is to blame for all of this nonsense.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Indiana County)

He was just being environmentally conscious and walking the 2 miles out of town to his hunting spot. His pick-up's fuel mileage sucks.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

(Beaver County)

Pushing the envelope. I don't think I would ever OC my M4 but different strokes for different folks . . . Honestly, I just always assumed that OC only applied to handguns. Honestly, this is really no different than a textbook anti gun POS standing in front of a gun shop protesting. The idea that this is my right and whether people like it or not, this is what I'm doing to do. Because I can.

I prefer not to rub my politics or beliefs in people's faces but again, different strokes for different folks. I'm not saying I have a problem with what he's doing because he isn't doing anything wrong, I just wouldn't do it myself. I gave the video a thumbs up though.

(Lancaster County)

Okay well off the bat I am a 110% pro gun individual. It is unfortunate that individuals like this guy give gun owners and open carry guys a bad name. It is so blatantly obvious that this guy is walking around with an assault rifle on his back looking to draw attention and eventually start some sort of verbal confrontation. I think most normal pro gun individuals can agree that AKs are very rarely used for hunting if at all, and have probably killed more people than animals since its creation.

The way some laws are written this video really could have been a bad idea for guy who made it. Since its obnoxious nature shows that he was purposely displaying the weapon to prove a point and could be interpreted and "brandishing." (sounds like some sick liberal thoughts, but its possible)

Also, I would like to nominate this guy for the most obnoxious open carry of the year.

(Allegheny County)

No tactical advantage to open carry. Basically, your telling everyone who to shoot first. I'm all for gun rights and carry every day, but this is not good for our cause.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PM40 View Post
    No tactical advantage to open carry. Basically, your telling everyone who to shoot first. I'm all for gun rights and carry every day, but this is not good for our cause.

Annnnnnd....

/popcorn

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by PM40 View Post
    Point out real life examples of that happening to folks other than security guards or police.

Then explain to me how that reasoning of shooting the armed persons first works with the times when the bad guys have shot unarmed, or perceived to be unarmed, persons at the onset of the hostilities.

The theory of BG's shooting openly carrying first has been busted long ago in other threads. And apparently you aren't "all for gun rights" if you feel it isn't good for our cause. Concealment further inhibits our rights to carry arms because people become more desensitized to their presence. Furthermore, it was ruled long ago and several times after that by the courts that concealment can be a regulated act - thus a privilege. Open carrying is the only form of carry rights recognized by the courts, and even with that it is regulated in some states. Once you are required to have a license/permit it is no longer a right legally.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast