Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Safir T14

(Cumberland County)

Default Safir T14

I purchased a Safir T14 shotgun about a year ago - got it new 1/2 price and have enjoyed it. I have had a tough time getting higher capacity magazines. I even went directly to ATI who imports them, and I purchased one magazine, it was not right, they shipped me two more free, still not right ! I finally see Safir is selling them - great - but they state :

"10 and 13 round magazine must be used in a 922R Compliant shotgun. All T-14 models shotguns out of the box are not compliant with high capacity magazines".

What the heck does that mean? Will they work? If not, what needs to be done? I just emailed them, but one of the experts in here would know !

Thanks !

(Butler County)

Default Re: Safir T14

im new to the 922r stuff....but basically, from my understanding, imported firearms that have a 'sporting purpose' can not be altered or use an increased magazine capacity unless other parts on the gun are changed to meet the requirement of 922r. the 922r compliance doesnt necessarily change the function of the gun at all. the reason they put your gun must fall under the 922r is because you cannot have an imported shotgun with more than 5 round magazine. im sure there are other threads on here that can give a specific list of parts you must change out to make your gun compliant.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    im new to the 922r stuff....but basically, from my understanding, imported firearms that have a 'sporting purpose' can not be altered or use an increased magazine capacity unless other parts on the gun are changed to meet the requirement of 922r. the 922r compliance doesnt necessarily change the function of the gun at all. the reason they put your gun must fall under the 922r is because you cannot have an imported shotgun with more than 5 round magazine. im sure there are other threads on here that can give a specific list of parts you must change out to make your gun compliant.
    thanks, at least i have a little better understanding ! will hope someone else knows what parts i might need. if not, guess i could purchase the mags and take my shotgun to my local gun guy

(Butler County)

http://jobson.us/922r/

that link is for saiga's and ak platform rifles. it should give you a general idea of what kind of parts you have to swap out. as with most firearms regulations, i dont really understand what the point of this law is...but its the law.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    http://jobson.us/922r/

that link is for saiga's and ak platform rifles. it should give you a general idea of what kind of parts you have to swap out. as with most firearms regulations, i dont really understand what the point of this law is...but its the law.
    Thanks, need all the info. I can get !