Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default best crossbow for $300?

when i first started bow hunting i bought an Eagle 1 crossbow for like a hundred bucks. ive taken deer with it but now that im more into bow hunting i want an upgrade from that POS. problem is im short on cash. so what is the best crossbow i can get for $300? id like a recurve but really it just has to be 150lbs minimum draw and accept a scope/red dot sight.

thanks for the help

(Monroe County)

Default Re: best crossbow for $300?

Parker makes nice crossbows. I skipped out tho and got the inferno fury from sportmans guide for $140. 175lb pull and roughly 240fps depend on the bolts. Not a bad deal for a backup to my Parker compound bow.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Chester County)

know anywhere that sells cheap excaliburs? i found one new for $400

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    when i first started bow hunting i bought an Eagle 1 crossbow for like a hundred bucks. ive taken deer with it but now that im more into bow hunting i want an upgrade from that POS. problem is im short on cash. so what is the best crossbow i can get for $300? id like a recurve but really it just has to be 150lbs minimum draw and accept a scope/red dot sight.

thanks for the help
    Crossbow is not "bow hunting". Its "Crossbow" hunting. Are you looking for another Xbow? IF so then you can find a bunch used here:http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=132
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Crossbow is not "bow hunting". Its "Crossbow" hunting. Are you looking for another Xbow? IF so then you can find a bunch used here:http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=132

a crossbow is a type of bow, just like a long bow. but yes, im looking for a crossbow, most likely a recurve. i like excaliburs but they are expensive. any other good brands around $300?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    a crossbow is a type of bow, just like a long bow. but yes, im looking for a crossbow, most likely a recurve. i like excaliburs but they are expensive. any other good brands around $300?
    did you click on the link?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

yeah, theres not much there. i might try ebay or something

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Is your username Dredly on Archerytalk.com too???

I go on there fairly often.. haven't posted in a while though...
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    Is your username Dredly on Archerytalk.com too???

I go on there fairly often.. haven't posted in a while though...
    Yup, I don't really post on there much anymore... if people thought this site was bad with the childish bickering and repeated question they haven't seen anything remotely like the gen pop forum on AT
    Last edited by Dredly; September 16th, 2011 at 06:06 PM.

(Monroe County)

I had the same delema and asked the same question about a month ago,after lots of research on the net and input from guys on this forum,i ruled out the cheaper crossbow (under $300) i read lots of reviews and forum discusions about strings fraying and parts falling off scopes not being accurate for long, I was convinced to get a little better midrange cost crossbow,i read many places that a parker enforcer 160 was a good rig for the money,.........soooooo i went to dunkleburgers bowshop in stroudsburg and looked at one! it looked and felt good and is made in the USA and had a lifetime warrenty,after about 50 shots it still is deadly accurate and has not had even the smallest of issue's, it was $499 hope that helps