Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Beretta 92/M9 18-round mags

Not that I'm stumping for Cheaper Than Dirt, but I found these and couldn't resist.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG129-36.html

MEC-Gar 18-round Beretta mags for $20....

Personally I'll gladly take an extra 3 rounds... you never know right?
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Default Re: Beretta 92/M9 18-round mags

I once bought what Cheaper Than Dirt's website claimed was an HK factory magazine for a USP .45 for $21. It turned out to be a aftermarket copy that didn't work right. As soon as It came out of the package, I knew it wasn't a genuine HK magazine. I delayed calling them to bitch until I shot 50 rounds out of it. It didn't work nearly as well as the HK magazines. It didn't like to seat correctly and it caused feeding issues, which my USP never had (with the factory mags) regardless of what I fed it. So I called and told them that it had been advertised as a factory part. It wasn't and it caused feeding issues.

The upshot was that they gave me a full refund and emailed me a shipping label to send it back. So I was, if not happy, at least less irritated. The service rep i talked to apologized and said they would correct the problem, but I checked their website again some weeks later and they hadn't fixed anything.

I haven't bought anything from Cheaper Than Dirt since...
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Monroe County)

I have 2 of the their old 17rd mags. They work great, as for new production?
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; July 12th, 2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    I once bought what Cheaper Than Dirt's website claimed was an HK factory magazine for a USP .45 for $21. It turned out to be a aftermarket copy that didn't work right. As soon as It came out of the package, I knew it wasn't a genuine HK magazine. I delayed calling them to bitch until I shot 50 rounds out of it. It didn't work nearly as well as the HK magazines. It didn't like to seat correctly and it caused feeding issues, which my USP never had (with the factory mags) regardless of what I fed it. So I called and told them that it had been advertised as a factory part. It wasn't and it caused feeding issues.

The upshot was that they gave me a full refund and emailed me a shipping label to send it back. So I was, if not happy, at least less irritated. The service rep i talked to apologized and said they would correct the problem, but I checked their website again some weeks later and they hadn't fixed anything.

I haven't bought anything from Cheaper Than Dirt since...

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out when they come in. I saw that there were 54 5-bullet reviews. Everyone raving about them, so I figured they have to be good.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcbeaver76 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out when they come in. I saw that there were 54 5-bullet reviews. Everyone raving about them, so I figured they have to be good.
    If they're really Mec-gars you should be good to go.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Beaver County)

I bought one of these at the last gun show to try out. We've run it full to empty 5 or 6 times since, flawless. And the fit/finish is excellent... really just as nice as the factory 15s I have a bunch of. I'm going to buy more.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(York County)

They are top quality mags, you will like them.
    I have some for my 92F with the +2 extension (20rd) and they are flawless. They have a really nice anti-friction coating on them as well. I will be buying more.
    Mec-gar actually makes "factory" mags for many other firearm makers.

I'd like a couple of sets of those at that price is a good sell. 18 shot Mags would be great.

(Bucks County)

Got the mags in yesterday, took them shooting today.

Pros:
    ~Fed flawlessly
    ~Drop quickly
    ~Look great

Cons:
    ~The 18th round is a little tough to get in, but it does go in
    ~Have to slam the mag home with a closed slide. With the slide open it locks in place really well.

In the end, the 2 cons are not a big deal. When loading it takes an extra second longer to get the last round in. And it just takes an extra push to get it locked in when the slide is closed. When i was shooting them today, after the 18th the slide was (naturally) locked open, 2nd 18 round mag slipped in great.

No problems so far, but I've only put about 200 rounds through them. That would be about 50 rounds each. Like I said, no problems.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcbeaver76 View Post
    Cons:
    ~The 18th round is a little tough to get in, but it does go in
    A little? Sh'ya it is. I use a speed loader/level deal and it still sucks to push the 18th. Still worth it. Glad you like em.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM