Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default SGL 183 Range. Pike County

Went to the SGL range in Pike County on Rt 6, near Hawley today. The backstop for the 25 yard range is completely shot up, with the pieces laying on the ground. Glad I bought the Range Permit.

Default Re: SGL 183 Range. Pike County

Quote Originally Posted by Brillfan View Post
    Went to the SGL range in Pike County on Rt 6, near Hawley today. The backstop for the 25 yard range is completely shot up, with the pieces laying on the ground. Glad I bought the Range Permit.
    Glad to see they cleaned the place up. Seriously, if "completely shot up" is the worst you saw there, then I'd say the place was in better condition that some times I've been there. You'd be surprised the things people have used, and then left there, as targets when there wasn't any wood up.

I usually throw some plywood in my trunk with my targets before I head up there. I think of the dozens of times I've been, only a handful were there any usable boards up to attach targets to. It really is pitiful how poorly that range is treated.

(Cumberland County)

I like the set up of the one in Carlisle. Steel posts into the ground with two wood beams between them. This all supports a very heavy plastic wrap that you attach your targets to. It works well. The plastic doesn't splinter and holds up well.

(Pike County)

hello, yes i go to that range all the time. some days it clean up and other days it looks like a junk yard.
    i bring my own stands for my targets for the pistol range.

they really need to keep the place up.
    thnaks,
    alan

(Somerset County)

In addition to bitching here, did you (OP) call the regional office and let them know it needs maintenance? They go to the ranges to mow, if they know ahead of time they need something for repairs, that will help get it fixed faster. I emailed them one time about a rocking seat on a bench at SGL 43, they thanked me by return email and it was fixed the next time I was there.

Dale

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    In addition to bitching here, did you (OP) call the regional office and let them know it needs maintenance? They go to the ranges to mow, if they know ahead of time they need something for repairs, that will help get it fixed faster. I emailed them one time about a rocking seat on a bench at SGL 43, they thanked me by return email and it was fixed the next time I was there.

Dale
    "Bitching" here????????

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brillfan View Post
    Reads like a 'bitch' to me. Or very heavy sarcasm anyhow. Regardless of your intentions and my reading of it, did you notify them?

Dale

(Lehigh County)

Reads like a 'bitch' to me. Or very heavy sarcasm anyhow. Regardless of your intentions and my reading of it, did you notify them?

Dale
    Dale,

I have notified them via email. One of the guys I work with is a deputy and works out of the Dallas office (same office that handles Pike County). I advised him of the situation, and asked him if he has a name/number for someone familiar with that range. If I hear anything, I'll post here.

The intent of the original post was to advise anyone who may use that range that they may be disappointed. In the future, I will withhold any such reports. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Last edited by Brillfan; July 13th, 2011 at 08:13 AM.

(Somerset County)

No offense taken here, just a question that I thought was warranted based on the last sentence in your original post. Perhaps you were happy that you bought the range permit but my reading of your post was "another bitch about the PGC" and I responded as I thought appropriate. One of the downfalls of the internet I guess. Sorry.

So many times,the PGC gets bashed for stuff but no one does anything to solve the problem. Thank you for taking the time so someone else has a better experience at the range.

Please continue to mention things like that here AND notify the folks who do the repairs.

Dale

(Lehigh County)

No offense taken here, just a question that I thought was warranted based on the last sentence in your original post. Perhaps you were happy that you bought the range permit but my reading of your post was "another bitch about the PGC" and I responded as I thought appropriate. One of the downfalls of the internet I guess. Sorry.

So many times,the PGC gets bashed for stuff but no one does anything to solve the problem. Thank you for taking the time so someone else has a better experience at the range.

Please continue to mention things like that here AND notify the folks who do the repairs.

Dale
    I have no issues with the PGC. They spent a lot of time and money reworking many of the ranges. The last time I wrote about this range, I talked about some of the people shooting there. I got beat up on that post.