Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Why a full size glock .45 ACP, sub comp and slimline, but no compact?

I compressed my meaning in the title, but if you look at the glock line of pistols in .45 ACP they have no standard compact. They have a sub compact, and even a slimline sub compact, which.45 ACP is the only one to offer this...but no regular compact to equal a glock 19 or a 23, but they do have a compact in a .45 GAP. I am really puzzled about this. Does anyone have a reason?
    [account deactivated]

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Why a full size glock .45 ACP, sub comp and slimline, but no compact?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    I compressed my meaning in the title, but if you look at the glock line of pistols in .45 ACP they have no standard compact. They have a sub compact, and even a slimline sub compact, which.45 ACP is the only one to offer this...but no regular compact to equal a glock 19 or a 23, but they do have a compact in a .45 GAP. I am really puzzled about this. Does anyone have a reason?
    Have you ever held a Glock 30? They are almost the size of a 19. They aren't as small as the 26/27/33.

I want a 36. Dunno why. Just want one.

Here's a good read on Glocktalk;

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1187057
    Last edited by rwb1500; July 8th, 2011 at 01:22 AM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Default Re: Why a full size glock .45 ACP, sub comp and slimline, but no compact?

You pretty much answered my question. Theres a record. Ask a question and in one answer of the forum and get it answered completley, lol

thanks

rep sent
    [account deactivated]

(Philadelphia County)

I wondered why Glock decided to call it a sub compact when it is obviously along the lines of their compact models. It would be interesting to see what Glock could make in an actual sub compact size .45. Interestingly, the .45 GAP models do come in the 3 sizes.

(Washington County)

I have often wondered the same thing.. I would LOVE to have a Glock .45 the SAME EXACT size as my Glock 19 and 23.. I KNOW that the 30 is close, but the frame size is just a bit too small for me.. Glock should have just made it the same as the other compacts and do away with the extended mag baseplate. My 19/23 is very concealable and the frame fits my hand perfectly.

Here is the size comparison..

Glock 30 -
    LENGTH
    172 mm / 6.77 in.
    HEIGHT
    121 mm / 4.76 in.

Glock 23 -
    LENGTH
    174 mm / 6.85 in.
    HEIGHT
    127 mm / 5.00 in.

Glock 26 -
    LENGTH
    160 mm / 6.29 in.
    HEIGHT
    106 mm / 4.17 in.

Now as you can see and as stated above, the 30 and the 23 are REALLY close in size.. why not just add the 2mm in length and the 6mm in height and give us a true compact Glock 30..?

Maybe its a distinction without a difference, but I agree with the OP.. I have often wondered the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by FCRPhila View Post
    I wondered why Glock decided to call it a sub compact when it is obviously along the lines of their compact models. It would be interesting to see what Glock could make in an actual sub compact size .45. Interestingly, the .45 GAP models do come in the 3 sizes.
    Last edited by dmcdonnell; July 8th, 2011 at 08:25 AM.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdonnell View Post
    I have often wondered the same thing.. I would LOVE to have a Glock .45 the SAME EXACT size as my Glock 19 and 23.. I KNOW that the 30 is close, but the frame size is just a bit too small for me.. Glock should have just made it the same as the other compacts and do away with the extended mag baseplate. My 19/23 is very concealable and the frame fits my hand perfectly.
    AFAIK all the double stack .45 caliber Glocks are wider than the 9mm and .40 versions, so it would not be possible to have a .45 in the same exact size as the 19 and 23, unless you make it single stack. Which is where the Glock 36 came along.
    Last edited by bac0nfat; July 8th, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    AFAIK all the double stack .45 caliber Glocks are wider than the 9mm and .40 versions, so it would not be possible to have a .45 in the same exact size as the 19 and 23, unless you make it single stack. Which is where the Glock 30 came along.
    Glock 36 not 30 is single stack

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1988 Olds View Post
    Glock 36 not 30 is single stack
    Whoops that's what I meant! I fixed it.

(Cumberland County)

If Glock ever releases a single stack 9/40 I will dance in the streets. But I'm not much of a dancer...
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Default @ #4

" It would be interesting to see what Glock could make in an actual sub compact size .45 <snip>" Yeah, but it would then be a KelTek.
    "1"starts the Militia; you are not alone but fight as though you are.