Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Lebanon area range.

Looking for suggestions for a range in the Lebanon area. Mostly pistol but possibly rifle now and the.

Default Re: Lebanon area range.

The biggest in the are a is probably Palmyra Sportsmen Club. They have indoor and outdoor ranges.

(Lebanon County)

what are you looking to get out of the range?
    palmyra is about the best in the area, but not the onlyclub around.
    jonestown fish and game has nothing on them, but is super clsoe to lebanon city, has dirt cheap membership rates, and ranges that are empty most of the time. has 2x25, 2x50 and 2x100yard lanes under cover. nothing special, but nice and well kept.
    and there are known to be turkey and fish frys during the dead of winter out there.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Lebanon County)

If you would be interested in Jonestown, our meeting is Sun at 7:30pm. You need to attend a meeting to join, it's $15 to join, $10 a year after that.

Jonestown is the best deal for the buck . . . $15 the first year and $10 renewals

Palmyra is a lot higher, but does have better amenities

The indoor pistol range is nice in the winter and can be accessed 24/7

I was a member of both when I lived in PA . . . they're both really nice places to shoot
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by nijwnfi View Post
    If you would be interested in Jonestown, our meeting is Sun at 7:30pm. You need to attend a meeting to join, it's $15 to join, $10 a year after that.
    That is cheap, im on the south end an belong to manheim. Its nice but pricey, and always someone around when you go to shoot.

(Lebanon County)

Palmyra has not only a indoor pistol range but a 22LR/BB gun range indoors as well as an indoor archery range .Its out door range has 25/50/100 and 200 yds and they have some pistol ranges as well.Great club but is pricey.It is $95 for new members and $85 for renewal.IMO it is worth it.The money is being used to extend the indoor ranges from my understanding.

(Lebanon County)

Finally picked up my first handgun from Shyda's today, asked my dad where to shoot, he told me to stay away from Palmyra, because it's always packed, always waiting, always rushed. Any truth to that? I would think after work at 2 or 3 in the morning I'd be in pretty sparse company.

Being as I live on north 12th, though, I'd much prefer to head up to Jonestown instead of all the way out to Palmyra ('specially on 2 wheels, 'specially in winter), but a Sunday meeting is impossible for me, as I work Sun-Thurs evenings. Any way to figger that one out?

(Lebanon County)

Palmyra is hit or miss as far as being packed.I often go and am the only one there.If you go right before various hunting seasons it is guaranteed to be full but then again they have plenty of benches to shoot from .Also being 24/7 for the indoor you can shoot handguns at 3 AM with no problems if you desire.IMO it is well worth the extra money compared to other clubs.Some clubs i belonged to in the past didnt allow entry into the club house unless officers were there which was rare and sucks when you have to use the bathrooms.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by LancerSykera View Post
    Finally picked up my first handgun from Shyda's today, asked my dad where to shoot, he told me to stay away from Palmyra, because it's always packed, always waiting, always rushed. Any truth to that? I would think after work at 2 or 3 in the morning I'd be in pretty sparse company.

Being as I live on north 12th, though, I'd much prefer to head up to Jonestown instead of all the way out to Palmyra ('specially on 2 wheels, 'specially in winter), but a Sunday meeting is impossible for me, as I work Sun-Thurs evenings. Any way to figger that one out?
    I am a member at Palmyra, and I love all the options. They have a handgun plinking range that wasn't aforementioned. I also shoot archery and sight in my rifle for 200 yrds so I enjoy just about everything they have to offer. Jonestown is much cheaper but I've never been there yet. Another decent range is Steelstown north of Anville. If you are solely going for handguns, there is a police range, that is perfect for target shooting located at the Lebanon Greater Refuse Authority (dump) that has flip up 2x4's that simulate shooting around a corner or through a doorway and I believe it goes back to about 35 yards and they have a (crappy) bench set up to shoot across the range at 100 yards. I'm not sure on membership details at either Steelstown or the police range but my father in law is a member at both and you don't need to be an officer to attend. Both also seem to be guest friendly, as Palmyra is strictly against guests unless it is your child under 16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast