Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lebanon County)

Thumbs up Re: Taurus 709 vs Ruger LC9

Well got to shoot a few rounds through it yesterday. By a few I mean like 25. My wife and I were going to Knobels and I talked her into taking her S&W 640 and my LC9 for a quick walk.

It shot fairly well. I on the other hand will take some practice. The trigger much like other reviews have said is long and firm. The gun felt nice shooting recoil was snappy but that is to be expected. Extremely concealable felt great shooting in my opinion.

If I had to decide on buying again I would in a heartbeat. It will be a little while til it moves to EDC gun. I won't carry it until I am 100% confident and that will be a few hundred more rounds down the road.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Taurus 709 vs Ruger LC9

I know this is an old topic but I wanted to toss an update out there.

I never have had anything but problems with any kel-tec I have ever owned. MY PF9 Was giving light primer strikes, and this is unacceptable as my daily CC.

I sold it and bought a Ruger LC9 with Lasermax laser and have not looked back since.

---

Also, The finger extension on the LC9 actually fits my hand unlike the PF9. The PF9 I had to adjust my grip after every shot because the gun wanted to jump out because of how small it was, with the LC9 I do not have this issue.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

Default Re: Taurus 709 vs Ruger LC9

You read alot about LC9 problems here my Kel Tec P11 has never given me any problems . It was light and accurate within its limit. I replaced it with a SRC9 better trigger, sights and faster to shoot, it cost more and just a better overall pistol. It is a little bigger then the Kel tec or Tarus 709 and the 709 has the same traits as the SRC9 (except for the 17 round mag that comes with the SR9).

Between the 709 or LC9 I'd opt for 709 better sights, trigger and more capacity, the LC9 is a little smaller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12